Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was outside with a few other lude friends with h22a4 and my h22a... we were all standing out talkin and i noticed after our cars warmed up a bit, my car put out a lot more smoke and it had a dark almost black tint to the smoke (i know black smoke and white smoke mean two different things but i can never keep them straight) and it usually idles pretty rough cause its outta tune but in the cold its even worse... almost has a studder like a plug is going bad but i just replaced them and has been doing fine so do yall think it might be a plug wire or the cold or both? and why would you think it would just put out smoke like crazy... esp when i get on the gas or downshift?

btw im so pissed... i broke off part of my front lip on a damn pot hole that was hiding in the shadows... last time i take a turn ive never taken before in my car... but it will be fixed soon... but im pissed now :mad2:

·
Registered
364 Posts
You're burning gas, your car is running richer than theirs are for some reason. A complete tune up appears to be in order. Sucks about the front lip too!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure cause i bought the car as it sits with the motor, i know vtec kicks at 4800rpm so something is done but i added a cai and new plugs... but i have a p28 in the closet and getting hondata s100 very soon so thatll be the tune in order for me

ill be workin on the lip... my girl is getting me a new one for my b-day which is in feb but thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Yes most likely running rich.Since you have new plugs already,try some new wires,distributor cap and rotor for starters.

Dammit that sucks that your Mugen lip broke. I was debating on getting that lip but I was afraid of it breaking too so I got the Spoon replica lip.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^yeah im just gonna get my stuff for performance with my income tax and all that and fix that problem with it then paint it and stuff down the road sometime hopefully

the spoon looks great, just wanted something diff and it looks like my car sits a bit lower than yours but could be wrong... the roads around here can suck but ill be getting a new one cause im gangsta like that lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts