Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys- just dropped a used jdm b20 into my car and now she smokes like a bitch.
there could be oil in my exhaust as a power steering hose dripped oil in there when i was doing the swap and also my last engine bured oil badly- i have driven the car for about 30 minutes and it does not smoke for the first few minutes of driving.
i also looked at the rear muffler and there is oil-water sluge comming out of the tailpipe (moisture in exhaust as the car has not been driven in 6 months)
im positive its not the engine as i have driven the car that it is in for about 100 km with no smoke and that was after it was sitting for a long time.
has anyone else had oil in their exhaust?
if so- how long does it usally take to burn out? (ive got about half a hose length of oil in there i think) and also- what colour does power steering fluid burn? the smoke coming out of my exhaust appears to be white.
this might sound stupid but this is my second engine swap after my first engine turned out to be an oil burner!

any help would be great!

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Odds are it's the engine, did you inspect it when you received it?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bobnova said:
Odds are it's the engine, did you inspect it when you received it?
the engine came with a car i brought and drove and it did not smoke one little bit so im quite sure its not the engine- it only seems to smoke when the engine is hot- so i guess its when the exhaust heats up?

·
Registered
330 Posts
preludefan said:
the engine came with a car i brought and drove and it did not smoke one little bit so im quite sure its not the engine- it only seems to smoke when the engine is hot- so i guess its when the exhaust heats up?
Correct me if I am wrong, but there is a possibility that you still have oil in your exhaust system, that is, if you haven't swapped the exhaust system. That may be the reason why you are burning oil, even though you did an engine swap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts