Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for some reason, my reverse is very slow when I don't give it gas and just let out the clutch. I know there is something wrong because it is way slower than it used to be. does anyone know what this problem is?

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
slower? as in it takes a while to let out the clutch into Reverse Gear? or as in the car won't move fast in reverse when you apply the gas?

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Let me get this straight. You're in reverse and letting out the clutch without giving it any gas. And you're complaining that it's going too slow? Is your definition of fast anything other than stalling out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I give it gas while letting out the clutch its fine. When reverse is fully engaged and I am completely off the clutch my car drasticly slows down until it is really, really slow.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
epoch707 said:
When I give it gas while letting out the clutch its fine. When reverse is fully engaged and I am completely off the clutch my car drasticly slows down until it is really, really slow.
Even while you are pressing on the gas pedal? If so that doesn't sound good....is it making any squealing sounds?

·
Registered
28 Posts
ive never heard of anything like that

·
Registered
8,281 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
When you're moving in reverse, and you let off the gas, it slows down faster than it used to. My cars slows down rather drastically when you let off the gas in reverse. The gearing and engine braking cause that. If it didn't slow down when you let off the gas, there was probably something wrong. Every manual transmission car I've ever driven does that. It sounds normal to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HiFiSi said:
When you're moving in reverse, and you let off the gas, it slows down faster than it used to. My cars slows down rather drastically when you let off the gas in reverse. The gearing and engine braking cause that. If it didn't slow down when you let off the gas, there was probably something wrong. Every manual transmission car I've ever driven does that. It sounds normal to me.
So this is completely normal? alright I'll stop worrying about it, its just that the first 4 months I had my car, it was really fast in reverse with no throttle, now it slows down without any gas. I guess im just paranoid or something...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts