Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 94 teggy at the salvage yard today and I have been looking at old posts of peoples sleepy eye projects and was wondering if there is any way possible to wire teggy(integra) lights up on our cars or if anyone has tried this yet
Posted via Mobile

·
iamNOTerator
5,945 Posts
do a search for the Prelude INX, I think you would like it

but other than those lights, I don't think any other would look good

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have an idea for custom mold to moe then look decent
I googled prelude inx I didn't like it that much I'm going to make the sleepy eye mod not do away with the eye lids all together
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
The integra housings are pretty bulky; It's not just four little circles. I don't think it is worth your trouble to integrate these lights with your headlight conversion, unless you are going to be doing some major cutting just to keep the lenses.

You would probably be better off finding some projectors and making the proper housing for them to fit.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was planning on doing some cutting to make them narrower
But is of possible to wire the lights up to the lude
Posted via Mobile

·
iamNOTerator
5,945 Posts
why there be any wiring? If you use the stock lude bulb there would be no wiring at all.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So I can use teggy bulbs because when I replace a bulb right now I replace the whole assembly not just the bulb
I want to use the integra halos with the angle eyes it looks cool I want to do this and wire the angle eyes into the blinkers

Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hahaha ... That Prelude INX looks like a 3g Lude with a 4g accord front end grafted on, or a slightly resculpted 4g Accord coupe.

Why would anyone want to do that to their 3g Prelude?

·
toguetastic
3,233 Posts
dude just search a little more. there's a guy on here that did something similar recently, just not with teg lights. he got some driving lights instead. much easier, and you get the same effect. i'm sure you could find driving lights with halos in them.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
wiring wise, anything can be done.

the stock 3gp has one light bulb with two circuits in it.

my car has two light bulbs with one circuit each.

they share a ground, and the positives go to their proper high and low beam circuits in the car.

the 94+ integra runs a similar setup, but the housing is huge, so there would be a ton of work to cut it down to bit behind/under our headlight doors.

also, the 94+ teg's lenses are actually one big piece, so you're gona have to cut down clear plastic, which can be a huge bitch.

in short....find some other lights that fit the hole, and figure out how to make them look like you want

·
Registered
219 Posts
the 94+ integra runs a similar setup, but the housing is huge, so there would be a ton of work to cut it down to bit behind/under our headlight doors.

also, the 94+ teg's lenses are actually one big piece, so you're gona have to cut down clear plastic, which can be a huge bitch.

in short....find some other lights that fit the hole, and figure out how to make them look like you want

psychoboy has a great post showing how to do it with diffrent light

i wouldnt try it with teg ones as you can see why

97-00 lights

94-96

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
id say use AP1 projectors since youre gonna have to custom fab the housing anyway, and those projectors are smaller with a MUCH better cutoff

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ap1s are s2000 lights aren't they?
I still would love the teggy lights cause I found a cheap set on eBay that are new.
Is the guy who did it recently have a vid on his write up thread and have a white lude?
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thx. I also plan on makeing a new light shroud(the piece of plastic around the stock bulb) out of aluminum and the painting it.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm going to get stock ones to do all of my test fitting and experimenting on but hopefully it will all work as a think it will.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I went to the junk yard today to get 94 integra light housings with the bulbs and plugs and they wanted 50 bucks a PIECE!! I thought that was way more than what they were worth

Are 98 teggy lights bigger than the 94 and do they take the same bulb??
Posted via Mobile

1 - 19 of 19 Posts