Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello I have a 1994 Honda accord station wagen and I m about to swap the motor for a prelude motor and im looking for any ideas and mods that will give more hp for this car. its a automatic and im trying to focus on motor, transmission, and suspension im trying to keep it auto due to me wanting a major low key sleeper.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,274 Posts
If you plan on keeping it an automatic, and you're asking 'what you can do to make it a sleeper', then you're probably not anywhere near the level of preparedness you need to be to make a truly fast sleeper car.

If you just want to make your wagon quicker than what it currently is, then swap in an H22 and a 5-speed transmission and accept that you're about as quick as a stock TSX.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm doing the same thing, but going manual with a 92-93 wagon. All Motor H22, hoping for about 240 whp with cams, pistons... everything. I used to have an auto sedan with a stock H swap. Maybe I just got bad transmissions, but they didn't seem to like the power much. I was on my third transmission by the time I ditched the shell for the motor build. I'm not sure what you can do to beef up the auto trannies. If you just prefer auto, that's cool (in traffic, I'd rather not have to put up with a clutch, and I love my RSX's sequential auto), but Honda doesn't make them strong.

But "sleeper" means real power, and you aren't going to get that with simple bolt ons. You need to be quicker than the average modern turbo-4 or V6 sedan, imo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts