Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i found a great deal for them 50 bucks. brand new. im going to look at them today hopefully.

what i need to know is what to look out for i dont want to get ripped off. are they going to say skunk2 on the springs themselves? what should i look for to make sure they aren't bad or used? ive never shopped for suspension and wasn't going to for awhile but this is a good deal that i cant pass up i dont know anything about springs.

50 bucks is a very good deal so im just a little cautious.

the drop was like 1. somthing cant remember what ill have to call again.

thanks for the help.

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,504 Posts
it should be red and should say skunk2 on them.. if its red n doesnt say skunk2 then im pretty sure its a brand like dropzone.
if its used its going to be hard to tell cause some times the logo comes off

·
NOMnomNOM
3,270 Posts
well right off the bat i know that skunk 2 lowering springs have a drop of 2.25 inches. I know the ones i have have a 2.25 inch drop. They also do say skunk 2 on the sides.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i asked him he said he thought they were 2 something. he said hes never used them before and doesn't even have a prelude anymore either.

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,504 Posts
ill see if i can get u a pic of mine i havnt put mine on yet

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive looked at e bay and all that. should just have a "skunk2" in white right? and this is a pretty good deal too right lol? cuz ive only found them for like 175 around places.

also i have 16 inch wheels if it was say like 2in drop im going to be fine right? i also dont play on using stock struts so dont worry lol.

and thanks for the help.

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,504 Posts
i think i paid 200+ for mine.. you should be fine, im using my stock struts.. on older hondas you can put springs on stock struts without problems

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
yeah 220k is a bit much... but yes red springs with white skunk2 on them and the drop is around 2 inches... thats what i just put on my car... 50 bucks is a great deal for them

·
NOMnomNOM
3,270 Posts
2.25 might be a little bit low for you. they are too low for me. i scrape already and my suspension i stock..=p

i wish i could compete with that price. o well.. lol. i cant be giving stuff away, ya know? haha

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
i had 17's on my 4th gen with 215/40/17's on and never had a problem with my neuspeed sport springs..

also, buy the springs for now, save and get some struts.. even something like kyb agx or another near oem strut will be much better than what you have now and they're not too expensive

·
Registered
167 Posts
http://www.skunk2.com/suspension-2.php?code=LWR

Are these what you are looking at?^ It also says AVERAGE drop rate is 1.5"-1.75". If you scroll down and click on 93-01 prelude, it says 2.0"-2.25". Price $204.40.

http://www.skunk2.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=517-05-0700

^These are what I reccomend if you think the others might be too low. Just not from Skunk2's website. You can find them for $275.00 shipped.

But for $50, you cant go wrong, if they are what the guy says they are. Just make sure it's for a set of 4. lol

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
i have 16in rotas. if the drop is like 2 inches im not going to rub am it?
thats what i have with 50 series tires and i dont rub at all... i do have to take it easy around the city and stuff with that front lip cause im low to the earth but i love they way it sits and handles

http://www.skunk2.com/suspension-2.php?code=LWR

Are these what you are looking at?^ It also says AVERAGE drop rate is 1.5"-1.75". If you scroll down and click on 93-01 prelude, it says 2.0"-2.25". Price $204.40.

http://www.skunk2.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=517-05-0700

^These are what I reccomend if you think the others might be too low. Just not from Skunk2's website. You can find them for $275.00 shipped.

But for $50, you cant go wrong, if they are what the guy says they are. Just make sure it's for a set of 4. lol
204.40 for skunk2 springs... ouch... you can usually find them for about 160 or so... performancecenter.com and nopi.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts