Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well received intake mani and tb and since I'm on leave I got to installing. After 10 scraps two blisters, one cut I was overlooking everything and went OK time to start. Car wouldn't idle gas was very erratic and I went ape shot pissed. Well since the tb is the easiest to pull I started there for troubleshooting so I installed stock tb back on well then idle was high stuck at 3k and after much pondering I realized my 74mm port match plenum was affecting the stock tb because the port was so much bigger on the mani. The intake was sucking from all the other ports you see around the main tb but since it wasn't being regulated it acted as a big uncontrollable idle no fluctuating just high rpm.s idle. Well since I had been working on this from 8am to almost 6 pm and had not one smoke all day I was bound and determined so what I did was use a supplied hose from manifold install kit and shoved it through both of the small holes that are on the inside near the throttle plate and pulled it tight and cut it to be flush ghetto reason leading up to this was I had my wife starting and stopping and finally she started it and I tried covering up those holes and it would idle perfectly so hence I needed something that would 1 not get dislodged 2 cover uncontrolled air leak anyways back on track it got me smokes and my wife to work today. And last night I read about map and tps sensor plugs getting mixed up and the symptoms were mine exactly so today as well I tried swapping tb back on and voila it works exactly as stated lol. Reason they got mixed up was on stock tb map sensor is on top and has a longer harness wire and skunk2 tb has it on bottom I guess I thought wow I should use this longer wire for the sensor farther away lol. All in all not stoked as much as I should be seeing I bought a 74mm and of course I'm a guy that just has to learn about fluid dynamics after I buy ultimate size sold lol. But I currently have golden eagle sleeving a 88mm 11:5:1 wiseco block and pro 1.s on the way so hoping that makes the cut for bumping up the velocity of the intake the review for this kit is A+ for me as long as YOU don't mess it up and have a realistic tb size for you goals and build.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts