1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt a lil creative and I didn't want to many holes in my
lude so I just kept it in the guage cluster. Im also thinking of
adding another led next to the alarm led and wire it to light up
when vtec turns on. does any one have a write up for that?

Im open to other tasteful mods, if you have any in mind let me know.

·
Registered
446 Posts
you could probably just pull power from the signal wire on the vtec relay although the light would be on the whole time you're in vtec. dont know if that was what you were looking for..

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you could probably just pull power from the signal wire on the vtec relay although the light would be on the whole time you're in vtec. dont know if that was what you were looking for..
:headbang: yes, which wire is it? what color? can you post a pic?

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
thats cool. good job.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I changed my alarm LED to a UV LED, but I left it on the steering column. I also added a red LED strip in the cluster and wired it to the VTEC signal wire, Cluster goes all mad lookin and siht when I hit VTEC.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I changed my alarm LED to a UV LED, but I left it on the steering column. I also added a red LED strip in the cluster and wired it to the VTEC signal wire, Cluster goes all mad lookin and siht when I hit VTEC.
post some pics, and which is the signal wire?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Im also thinking of
adding another led next to the alarm led and wire it to light up
when vtec turns on.
I also added a red LED strip in the cluster and wired it to the VTEC signal wire, Cluster goes all mad lookin and siht when I hit VTEC.
I'm sorry but I find this pointless. At least a shift light it serves a purpose; to let you know when you shift. Do you honestly need a light to tell you when you're in VTEC? :-?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm sorry but I find this pointless. At least a shift light it serves a purpose; to let you know when you shift. Do you honestly need a light to tell you when you're in VTEC? :-?

Absolutely do not need it, but how many aesthetic mods are done that aren't needed. Everyone does something that isn't needed, and if not, oh well. Some people like to experiment with stuff. Plus it is kinda cool to see the gauges react to VTEC.

post some pics, and which is the signal wire?

I'll snag some pics tonight, it's only really visiable in the dark since it's an ambient light effect. I just went to the VTEC silenoid for the signal wire, not sure but I believe it's a green w/ red stripe.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Absolutely do not need it, but how many aesthetic mods are done that aren't needed.
Not just aesthetic mods though lol. I agree with you on that part. But too each their own I guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sorry but also why would someone need a light to let them know to shift also? I know it seems to be the thing to do, but I am shifting just fine just from the feel of the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts