Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 88 si, stick. i recently broke a timing belt,which in turn bent valves. well after some time and effort, got the head rebuilt. works great, runs great. but now for some reason, my driver side signal/marker light doesnt work when i turn my lights on. and i discovered that when i turn the switch to turn on my windshield wipers, the left turn signal light, lights up on the gauge. but not all the time, i can rotate the switch back and forth a few times and it will go off. im guessing it has to be a bad ground?? im not too great with electrical, but i checkd the fuses,all good, and continuity through the bulbs, which were working just finr when the car was parked while i rebuilt the head. any info or guidance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. i would like to find a copy of the electrical manual if anyone knows where ti download one for free, and please dont say look through the manual. ive done that and those diagrams give me a headache. thank you for your time and consideratrion
Shag

·
Premium Member
9,164 Posts
If I had to guess I'd suspect the multi-function switch. I'd probably just try swapping it out if I had a spare. Otherwise it's troubleshooting time using Sean's manual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I had to guess I'd suspect the multi-function switch. I'd probably just try swapping it out if I had a spare. Otherwise it's troubleshooting time using Sean's manual.
For some reason I can’t get the manual, it keeps saying cannot locate server, I ordered the shop manual and etg, just waiting for them to come

·
Registered
1989 Honda Prelude Si
75 Posts
I do see this thread is a little old. But here ya go.

motiveforceperformance.com

If you do not have a book yet, Once you go to his page....click resources and find your manual. I also had issues trying to download 1funryd's PDF.

But if you have the means....i find its much nicer to have the book in hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts