Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has gone the lazy way on a short throw and just chopped the shifter with a sawzall? Iv'e seen plenty of people do it at my school (mostly ricers) and was wondering if there were any negatives. I want a short throw but don't want to pay like $120. But don't wanna go the lazy route till i hear your opinions. Thanks

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
Just hacking off the top of your shifter isn't the way to do it, man, and you don't have to pay $120 for a real shorty either. Check out jackedup's thread in the for sale forum:

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237590

He made a shifter for me and it's pretty good. It actually does something, whereas only cutting off part of the shaft does not.

--J

·
Registered
840 Posts
haha ill just do mine alone proly even today when teh fuckin scortching sun goes down.

ill cut the BOTTOM part of the shifter and lower it such instead of the top ill proly cut from the very bottom to the top bending part . ill have pics one im done :grin: yet another mod on the way dizatches!!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, i think you guys just saved me. I was actually considering it

·
Registered
840 Posts
Blackludesi said:
thanks, i think you guys just saved me. I was actually considering it
yeah dont cut the top of it ,
doesnt mustardcat have a shortshifter writeup? too lazy to look

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, he might but i lost the link to his site

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
This was the option peopel alwasy used ot take up until the option of changing the bottonm of the lever came up.

And it was regarded as worthwhile then. So why should it change now?

Well TBH it does work as a short shifter in the same principle that the other type does.
It makes the movement less , hence a shorter shift, hence a short shifter.
The only real issue with it is that it makes the effort to shift greater.
That is the only downside as such and the only real difference between the two options.

Both are only changing the ratio between the top part of the lever (above the pivot point) and the bottom part.

the latest method just leaves the shift effort at a better rate.

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
http://www.prelude3g.com/

Then go to transmission, and there are actually a couple different pages that have shifter info on them.

--J

·
Registered
840 Posts
88SE Lude said:
This was the option peopel alwasy used ot take up until the option of changing the bottonm of the lever came up.

And it was regarded as worthwhile then. So why should it change now?

Well TBH it does work as a short shifter in the same principle that the other type does.
It makes the movement less , hence a shorter shift, hence a short shifter.
The only real issue with it is that it makes the effort to shift greater.
That is the only downside as such and the only real difference between the two options.

Both are only changing the ratio between the top part of the lever (above the pivot point) and the bottom part.

the latest method just leaves the shift effort at a better rate.

yup yup
/agreed
'tis what im gonna do

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can't hurt to try, worse comes to worse i have an extra oem shifter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts