·
Memento Mori
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
674 Posts
I think I'm in on this thing.

Question: Is it a pretty basic install? I've had my console apart many times, running car audio cables and such. I've seen all the inter workings of the shifting cables and such. I've just never messed with it. Is it just unbolt/unplug the old one, and bolt up/plug in the new one? Are there any adjustments that need to be made once the new one is installed?

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
bolts in place just like the stock one.

these things are gonna like hot cakes, I had one from way back in the day that I sold like three years ago and I still get pm's about it.

·
Memento Mori
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edit. I see how you did the shift rod. Never mind. Lol. Could you just shorten it an inch of I were to buy one?
These are already completed. I would have to charge and additional $15 to tear one apart again, chop, grind, weld, blast, paint, and reassemble. I can do it if you want but keep in mind shortening the lever more means shifting will require more force and probably feel more notchy.

I think I'm in on this thing.

Question: Is it a pretty basic install? I've had my console apart many times, running car audio cables and such. I've seen all the inter workings of the shifting cables and such. I've just never messed with it. Is it just unbolt/unplug the old one, and bolt up/plug in the new one? Are there any adjustments that need to be made once the new one is installed?
Basic tools to install. If you got the spherical upgrade you would need to adjust the cable adjuster when you installed it on the cable, shown in this pic:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Damn I hope when I have a little more money to spend next month these are still available. I been wanting one for the past year. Hopefully you still have one

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
These will sell quick. I have an old kosi shifter from way back and love it, but always found it to be notchy and made it difficult to get into 2nd. This design looks much better

·
Registered
422 Posts
I won't be in on these, I almost forgot about the shift assembly for an H/F swap. I'm planning on doing it soon, but Sean said you could work with those as well?

·
Memento Mori
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I won't be in on these, I almost forgot about the shift assembly for an H/F swap. I'm planning on doing it soon, but Sean said you could work with those as well?
I could probably, but I thought they already made short shifters for 4th/5th gens.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
I could probably, but I thought they already made short shifters for 4th/5th gens.
Dave JTC was selling 4th and 5th gen short shifters, but there has been no response from his site or email from him direclty for years from me or some other customer inquiries.

I would say look into doing them for the Prelude community as well. Nothing wrong with a little more options.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got mine in today and I'm in love with the car even more now. Came home threw it on and I was amazed, way notchier than stock and the length I feel is perfect especially if you want to have a screen in your car. Props to MustardCat and I really hope he keeps making these available for the public.

·
Memento Mori
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't have it. If he isn't making them anymore you could probably achieve the same result by stacking some washers under the shifter base and using shorter bolts to bolt it down.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts