Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed that my passenger's front end is sitting a little lower than the rest. Stock ride height, driver's side = almost 3 fingers, passenger = almost 2.

Sound like a blown shock? If so, what am I looking at as far as getting it fixed? Keep in mind I'm not working so upgrading the whole thing is completely out of the question. Also not too handy with working on this stuff myself yet.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
A blown shock won't effect ride height. I'd be concerned with busted upper shock mount or lower fork improperly aligned (which would be a dangerous situation).

Jack it up and take a look.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,277 Posts
One way to tell... get it in the air with a jack (and a jackstand for safety) and take a peek. If it's blown, there will be a little oil on the shock assembly itself.

Push down on the passenger side fender (when it's on the ground) and see if it bounces, too. That may be a better indicator.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i have squeaky noices when i drive at slow speed inside my cabin, are my shocks bown?? im riding on KYB GR2s with HR race springs.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
i have squeaky noices when i drive at slow speed inside my cabin, are my shocks bown?? im riding on KYB GR2s with HR race springs.
could be worn shocks but suspension always squeaks and creaks when it's cold out.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Even if it isn't blown, it's always a good idea to upgrade the suspension anyway. It's an investment that you won't even have to look back on and regret. (As long as you invest in the correct setup.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts