Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shifts nice between 1-2, 2-3. Where is the service connector. When looking up where to check codes it tells me under rug passenger side and looking at blinking light, also need to find list of codes. Thanks for getting back

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there well just checked. There are 2 windows the (L window) blinks 4 short blinks and then 10 short blinks, (R window) blinks 5 short, 6 short, and 1 long blink followed by 7 short blinks which should mean 17. Not sure why I got 10 short ones blinks when instructions say 1 long blink equals 10

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also when starting sounds like it's missing for about 5-10 seconds then runs smooth that's when S-3 starts to blink

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for rambling. I think my prelude is an SI with a 2.0 is a OBD1, which light blinks at 5,6,17. The 2.0SI shows 4,10. Neither of these show anything about tranny. However when I start car hot or cold , for the first 5-10 seconds sounds like it’s missing then it runs smoother that’s when the S3 light starts blinking ???

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sorry for rambling. I think my prelude is an SI with a 2.0 is a OBD1, which light blinks at 5,6,17. The 2.0SI shows 4,10.
Wait, what? You have two different vehicles? Which one are you trying to diagnose in this thread? There will be lights on both the engine control unit and the transmission control unit. If I remember correctly, the unit on the left will be the transmission control unit, while the one on the right will be the engine control unit. If that is what you are talking about, and not that you have two different vehicles, then codes #4 - Torque converter lockup does not engage (check speed pulser), and #10 - Torque converter lockup does not engage (check ECT connection). The codes from the right unit would be #5-MAP sensor, #6-Engine coolant temperature sensor, and #17 - Vehicle speed sensor. If the VSS isn't working right, the TCU won't be able to shift properly. The ECT and MAP sensor readings are probably what is making it run poorly.

This thread should be helpful as well. These are a few pages out of the manual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey there. 1st i'd like to thank you for the info. 2nd I'm more of a jeep guy, I inherited this car and enjoy driving it. I'm a weekend mechanic, I can fix some things. I'm looking to fix and sell, am I looking at an expensive build, for a 30 year old car the body is in good condition and the interior is sweet. My problem is trying to locate parts. Any ideas. Thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts