Honda Prelude Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody(Hi doctor Nick!) lol ne way i was drive wit my friend n we were at a light..so then it turned green he wanted to see what the fuss about my car was so i ripped it for him i went threw every gear about 110 mph...then he told me i could shift without my clutch:Rock: so im thinking what? ive heard of this but how do u do it?:shock:(OH AND MY FRIND DRIVES A SCION TC)

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MeUglyDuckie said:
i think you have to shift it at the right rpm to shift w/o the clutch
thanx bro i no that but how do u do that?(wat rpm)

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
yeah:jehon: trans is covered by Honda for normal wear n tear and regular use! my civic was under warranty too when i effed it up street-racing....honda didnt cover that,so i rebuilt motor cost me $2000! good luck explaining to them what happened when you trashed your tranny

·
Registered
322 Posts
You can shift into 2nd without the use of your clutch. DO NOT TRY IT IN ANY OTHER GEAR. Unless you like that lovely sound of your gears grinding to a pulp.

My previous car was a del sol and i could do it all day in that car without the tranny giving me any fuss.

You basically rev it to about 2,700 to 3,000 rpm and slowly coax the shifter down into second gear. Kind of the same motion you would do if your car doesent go into reverse and you need to finess it in there. So you basically hold it gently to the point where it should slip into second and it will when the rpm's match up. You cant just rev it to 8 grand and shove it into 2nd gear. Well you can but i dont even want to think about what would happen.

Note: I only did this in the del sol which only had about 100 ft/lbs of torque. So at that rpm there isint much going on to fuck your tranny up. It would shift so smoothly it was like 1st and second were one gear!

HOWEVER- I tried it once in my 5th Gen Lude and grindy grindy. You have to do it at the right rpm for the car for it to work properly. It was easy to find which rpm it shifted into easily in the Del Sol. I wasent into trying to find where the shift point was in my prelude because im not an idiot and i dont want to mess with one of the most perfect transmissions ive ever encountered.:turn:

So to answer your question: Yes you can do it and its really cool/weird/pintless. You can only do it from 1st to second gear (to my knowledge). No its not good to screw with anything that could make an award wining 5 speed transmission not work to its 100% potential.

So yea, i would agree with top end. Just dont do it.

My Advice:
Find a friend with a civic dx or something with no torque and try it in his car. It should work fine. Just dont make it a habit or think its some shifting loophole for lazy people. :)

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
then i gunna use my friends integra LS lol thanx guys i was jus thinkin of doin it so now im jus gunna do it n other cars like wen i go for test drive lol

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
I wouldn't risk messing up your tranny...Honda may say they'll cover it, but they'll try and figure out ways not to replace your tranny for free....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Dude, i didnt say to go out and do it to cars that belong to the dealership! Geez. Im not saying its a GOOD IDEA. Im just saying ive done it before and its possible if you have the right car.

Just think of it as me doing something stupid so you dont have to. LOL

If you reply to this post in 5 days yelling at me because you blew the tranny in a S2000 you drove at the dealership.......

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
SamEyeHam said:
If you reply to this post in 5 days yelling at me because you blew the tranny in a S2000 you drove at the dealership.......
lol this made me laugh. THanks sameyeham!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I can see it all now....

Car Dealer:
"So the S2000 has anti lock brakes, power windows, cd player, cruise controll leath- oh your going to want to put the clutch in when you shift just to let you know. Like i was saying leather seats are standard as well as a spoi-GRRRRRINDDDDD CRUNCCCH. I told you to use the clutch to shift! Did you honestly try and shift without the clutch?!?! You know your going to have to pay for a new transmission?!!!?!?"

2000bb6: "AAAAHH im sorry im sorrry some idiot n00b told me that i could shift without using the clutch if i did it right please dont kill me im sorry!!"

Car Dealer: "Who the hell is n00b? Is that some sort of service manual? You know we sell those in the service department for 59.95 its a wonderfull deal blah blah blaaaaa...."

I love dogging on car salesman any chance i can get. Sorry. :devil:

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL wow thats freakin funny bro i would laugh if some actually did this but not me becuz us asians we hate white sales men lol

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thats so funny because i hate asian sales men! :smilejap:

I think its fair to say that race plays no part in douchey car salesmen.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
u can do it at like 1600 rpm

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.