Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get my radio out but I can't pull it completely out because I can't figure out how to remove the boot. And I don't wanna screw it up. =P

·
Registered
838 Posts
It seems like you'd mess something up, but you won't. Just grab the boot right below the shift knob and pull down--the boot will pop out of a sort of tension clip. Then just unscrew the knob to take it off.

EDIT [in response to post below]: As long as he pulls the shift knob off, he can keep the base of the boot attached to the console and just slide it over the shifter when he pulls it all out.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
wow i must have a weird lude... cause i have to take the 4 screws on each side of the main piece off center piece around your shift boot out and then unscrew your knob and pull it off... then push the top part of the boot over the shifter thingy (technical term) and work it right off

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
lol yea it is a little hard to figure out how to get it off but hseries pretty much explains it. just grab the silver plastic piece and pull down and it will pop right off. then screw the knob off and thats it. i spent 30 mins tryin to get it off before i figured out how to lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts