Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 434 Posts

·
boostdBBsex
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, so i thought i'd start a thread that'll be my official 'progress thread'. I haven't done a huge amount yet, but i am planning on doing ALOT to my lude over the years that i own it.

I've owned it for just over a year now. Bought it last july, 6 days after my 17th birthday, on july 10th 2008.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

These are a few pics the day i got it, infront of the sellers house.

And some more pics back at my house......

Just a few things i've done since:

Dual gauge pod w/ a/f and vacuum gauges (soon to be replaced by a AEM wideband, and boost gauge:-D

So, story for you guys. I do not drive my lude in the winter, as i live in canada, saskatchewan to be exact, and we get pretty harsh winters over here. Sometimes -40 degress celcius! Lots of snow, therefore lots of salt is sprayed on our roads. As most of you im sure already know, hondas are quite known for their rust issues.

Anyways, before winter i noticed this slight small crack in my paint on my left rear quarter, it was only about a quarter inch wide, i was just like 'meh' whatever, didnt think it was too huge of a deal.

My lude sat outside all winter (i know:eh:) cause i had no room to park it in the garage. So i bring it inside the garage once spring starts to appear to install my dc header, and on my left rear quarter panel i notice that small 'crack' had become like a foot big! UHH oh... bondo FTL. My car was a previous total loss (its from the states) and was repaired.

Im guessing the guy just 'cheaped out' and fixed it as cheaply as he could (bondo), slapped some paint on it, and sold it.

Anyways, i had to fix this the right way. Ended up replacing the entire left quarter with a new one, straight from honda. It was a huge dent to the wallet, but hey, anything for my prelude:emthup:. Ended up costing me 2g's for replacement.

I guess this is a good life lesson learned for me. When it comes to buying a used car, there are events and stories that come along with it, that most of the time you'll never know. Buying a used car is alot about luck imo.

Here's the panel before it was replaced... sorry, i never took any pics of the crack up close. So cant really see anything.

Megan header installed. (have a dc one now)

Here's just some more random pics.

Added a vibrant strut bar, and changed to dc header. Also mugen rad cap, and ichibahn oil cap. (sorry its kinda dirty, and pics are dark and shitty)

Painted valve and wire cover. And picked up a spark plug cover and repainted it (looks brand new).

sorry this first post is so long!

·
boostdBBsex
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few months ago, this summer, my buddy had these rims just sitting around in his garage. I was thinking of buying them, cause i hate my 5zr's. They are so heavy. We put them on one day, just to see what it'd look like. They were allright, but i still love the white enough to sacrifice a little power loss.

OH and dont flame the rice lights guys! I hated them just as much as you guys do haha. They are longggggggggggg gone!

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Looks good, and good job on the complete panel replacement. But, i have to say sask is flatttttttttt. I always joke about it to my friends from sask but i mean seriously, flat lol.

Next year i'll setup a western canada meet :) I am also the manager/owner of the Edmonton Prelude Club so i'll get in touch with other club managers so i can see your car all turbo'd up and possibly race you ;)

·
boostdBBsex
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looks good, and good job on the complete panel replacement. But, i have to say sask is flatttttttttt. I always joke about it to my friends from sask but i mean seriously, flat lol.

Next year i'll setup a western canada meet :) I am also the manager/owner of the Edmonton Prelude Club so i'll get in touch with other club managers so i can see your car all turbo'd up and possibly race you ;)
HAHA, it really is. but i live on an acereage, an area that is brand new, and has absolutely no trees yet. So thers basically no trees around us. We've planted lots, so it'll look better in like 10 years aha.

Sounds good. Its on! :)

More to come, im putting more up soon. I just didnt feel like putting everything up all in one post last night lol.

·
boostdBBsex
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So some goodies came in the mail :):) ..........Skunk2 adjustable coils.

Here's some pics of the drop, still rockin the stock struts though:::

·
boostdBBsex
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
boostdBBsex
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
look so much better with drop hehe
i know man! thanks! i couldnt believe it either. Its changed a little bit since.. the back is a bit lower, and the front a tad higher. Its the same height all around now.
lol seems like it. I'm sure that will change once you start showing your turbo stuff ;)
So true! soon soon lol.... im just gonna get up to date with everything else first. Then the turbo goodies will pop out.

·
boostdBBsex
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well guys, just thought id let you know that my lude is going into hybernation for the winter lol. We get pretty harsh winters here.

I just took it out for its very last ride of the year, plates expire in 2 hours :( . I park it every winter (this will be the second winter i've owned it)

It was also its very last naturally aspirated cruise.. Kinda sad! :( LOL. Thought id let ya all kknow, im doing a turbo build this winter, i've already got alot of the stuff. Ill post pics of it all up soon.

This is gonna be a big winter long project for me, im only 18 and still learning lots of stuff. But I think i've learned enough, and am ready to take on the project of boosting. Im very excited to do this, and cant wait till next spring when she first rolls out of my garage. After all, ive got you guys to help me out so its all good :)

Well, here is everything i've got so far:
-Turbonetics t3/to4e turbo
-Drag Log mani
-Drag turbo intake
-Greddy RS BOV
-Tial 38mm wastegate
-Dump tube
-Medium size IC
-Prosport water temp gauge
-Skunk2 intake mani Ported/polished
-AEM tru-power lightweight pulleys
-Walbro 255lph fuel pump

Thats everything i've got so far, Ill update as more and more parts come in.. none of it is installed yet, im gathering up everything most of it before i start. I know its not much, i've got a long ways to go lol, but its a good chunk. Im Gonna be pulling the motor to do all this, seeing as how i've gotta do the intake manifold AND the clutch flywheel, i think it'll just be easier to pull the whole motor out. Clean things up a bit while its out too. Im gonna be starting on this project once i get a few more things in, it'll be a winter long thing that i will slowly chip away at. For now, im gonna be puttin' around in a 96' teg.....my winter ride.

·
Registered
169 Posts
dam, I wanna turbo my car.. but Im so poooooor. :(
I like your wheels, what size and offset?

·
boostdBBsex
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
About time you updated your thread. I swear i'll post pictures if you don't very soon!!! lol.
hahaha. yah thats the sad part!...you prettymuch could post pics, i havent bought much since, except the walbro 255lph pump, bout it, and a few odds and ends. Buying the teg for a winter beat kinda delayed the turbo process just a touch. But i just got a new job that pays rather well for someone of my age lol so parts should be comin in pretty steady now!
dam, I wanna turbo my car.. but Im so poooooor. :(
I like your wheels, what size and offset?
Honestly mang, im a poor bastard too lol. Just gotta pick and choose, find the right time to do it. I never expected i'd be doing this only two years into owning this car, and at the age of 18 for that matter, but im ready for it and soooooo pumped.

As for the rims.... Couldn't tell you the offset on them (i should really look into it cause your the second person thats asked today lol) but they are 18's. Heavy as hell...only downside.

Good luck with everything and keep us updated!
Ill definitly try. Sometimes tough, i live quite the busy life nowadays.

·
boostdBBsex
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Man.

Update coming soon, i have now started tearing it apart. Ill post an update soon with all of my pics of everything i have so far.

·
boostdBBsex
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some Pics of most of the turbo stuff i have so far!!

Tial 38mm wastegate

Dump tube

Drag turbo mani (wrong one lol, its for a b-series) - time to turbo my teg i guess! :p

----
My walbro 255lph came in the mail the other day!

And my injectors came in finally, 550cc siemens, with clips w/ modified seals, and resistor box .

·
boostdBBsex
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
That is only about half of the turbo stuff i've got so far, ill get some pics of the rest sometime soon. This is going to be a winter long slow project for me.. All i've done so far is put the lude up on roller stands, ripped my whole exhaust/header system off, and started changing the fuel pump.

My shelf full of all my crap! What a mess!

Its only gonna get taller... Ha.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
And a few other randoms ive done..

BEST MOD EVER

Spoon sports rad cap

Sparco Wheel. Still waiting for horn button....

Greddy shift knob

Painted cluster rings. DIY's ftw.

All the exhaust system ripped off. Possiibly selling it to my buddy (gulka98lude)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats about all for now. Just small little things. Its gonna be a slow build. Ill keep the updates coming as i order things.

1 - 20 of 434 Posts