Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay.. sorry if this is obvious, but i would like some clarity. I have a type sh and im wanting to drop a jdm h23a vtec and t2t4 lsd tranny in. Now since i have the ATTS in the way ill have to rip that out and buy base axles and intermediate shaft in place of it, correct? Now my question is: Will the BASE intermediate shaft mount on the h23a block? Im sure it does since people do the BASE--> h23a quite often.. I should be fine putting BASE axles/intermediate shaft on my new h23a block and in my lsd tranny correct? Any other Type Sh problems to know about? any help would be greatly appreciated.. thankyou

·
Registered
156 Posts
sounds like you got everything covered..
although i dont know why u just dont use the h22a4 (your original motor) and match it with the lsd transmision that your planning to purchase.. unless your motor is toast..
you will however (if you went that route) have to make a small adapter plate for the half shaft..
but either ways.. if you choose to remove the atts. Remove the atts ecu, which is right next to your ECU.. this way you dont have an annoying light that stays on..

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like you got everything covered..
although i dont know why u just dont use the h22a4 (your original motor) and match it with the lsd transmision that your planning to purchase.. unless your motor is toast..
you will however (if you went that route) have to make a small adapter plate for the half shaft..
but either ways.. if you choose to remove the atts. Remove the atts ecu, which is right next to your ECU.. this way you dont have an annoying light that stays on..
yeah my motor is old and i wanted to swap it for the h23a vtec. I dont need an adapter plate for the h23a block though right?

Also, honda wants $430 for one axle assembly... oreilys has it for $60. is there something im missing...?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Get a Honda reman'd, they're a lil over $100 and will last longer than 3 cheap $60 ones, those things always leak grease.

All you need is a base halfshaft and axles, the H23a is just a longer stroke H22 for the most part, everything is interchangeable.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a Honda reman'd, they're a lil over $100 and will last longer than 3 cheap $60 ones, those things always leak grease.

All you need is a base halfshaft and axles, the H23a is just a longer stroke H22 for the most part, everything is interchangeable.
great thankyou for the reply! I was pretty sure that was the case but you know theres a ton of false info floating around everywhere.. so the re-manufactured ones are strong? and can you get those from the deaerlship?

·
Registered
62 Posts
You only need the left side axle. I just did this swap (Base H22a4 and H23 Tranny in my SH) and the right side axle did not need to be replaced. Also the intermediate shaft is the same for all 4th and 5th gen Preludes except the 5th gen SH.

Re'

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dang thats a great deal.. are they yours? i cant know if theres anything wrong with those though. ebay gets sketchy..

You only need the left side axle. I just did this swap (Base H22a4 and H23 Tranny in my SH) and the right side axle did not need to be replaced. Also the intermediate shaft is the same for all 4th and 5th gen Preludes except the 5th gen SH.

Re'
okay cool, i was wondering if the passenger side axle needed replacing.. i probably will end up just for the heck of it. but thanks for the input!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts