Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my fuel filter while changing oil cooler O ring, oil sender base ring, and oil pressure switch. It was a PITA on the SH, but got everything back together and it ran really smoothly. I was very happy, until about 2 miles from home it died, and won't start again. I once got it to start and run for 300 feet, but haven't since.

My hunch is that it's not getting any fuel pressure for some reason, but I'm not sure why. When I opened up the gas cap, I didn't hear a depressurizing hiss. However, the fuel filter connections don't leak any fuel.

Other things
- Checked all the grounds, found no issues.
- Heard fuel pump goes on in ON key position. Primed it 10+ times
- Strong cranking when attempting to start, I don't suspect battery

Found a good safe parking place. I will go back in the next few days with tools and redo the fuel filter. The first thing I will check is the fuel pressure by loosening the banjo bolt on the filter. I hope that I don't have to tighten the bottom fuel line because it will suck doing that on the street.

Anything else I should check?

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Check to make sure your new fuel filter isn't clogged, and/or defective.

You need four things for combustion: Fuel, Air, Spark, and Compression. One of the 4 is missing if your car isn't running.

You could always remove the injectors and fuel rail, and make sure the injectors are in fact spraying fuel while you crank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts