Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm interested in installing a AP1 cluster into a 4th gen SRV but I'm having some trouble finding all of the information.
I've contacted Mark at marklamond website but its been four weeks and I haven't received any word yet.

May someone please point me in the right direction? If it's possible, I'd like to send the cluster to someone, they can convert (if thats something that needs to be done) then I can install it.

Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
324 Posts
Content deleted, because, some little snowflake out there can't handle some garage talk. That, and wing9903 says they are too long to read.

·
Registered
785 Posts
that sounds like a lot of trouble for something that will look out of place in both color and design. additionally the temp and gas built into the s2k cluster would look whack if they dont read proeprly and if they do read properly are you gonna leave the factory gas/temp gauge? and if you remove it wahts the point of the fourth gen dash if it doesn't light up anymore lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Look up k-tuned's s2000 dash converter.

I'm actually just about to tackle this project, as well. I've ordered 2 AP2's, one for me and my friend, and I'm getting k-tuned's s2k dash converter. It works for both AP1, and AP2.

You'll just need to find the wiring diagram for the 4th gen's cluster. The wiring diagrams for both s2k clusters, are on mark's site. And, I've heard he's no longer providing the service, and actually screwed over a friend of mine on some speedohealers.

I'm going to try and make mine a plug, and play solution, so to speak.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I treid to contact Mark Lamond about two years ago and his whole setup was defunct.

Don at RPM systems can make and setup any and all s2k clusters in any and almsot all vehicles.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^
May you please post a link to Don at RPM systems? I'm not sure if I found the right one.

So anyone else know how to do this? I know there are a few guys out there that have done it. If no write is up readily available, I guess I'll take the risk and try it out... but I'll just have a shop do it cause I'm too lazy lololol

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Lol i was just playing around with my ap1cluster yesterday, im actually going to remove it send the harness back to don at rpm systens and have him re make the dash cluster harness so that i can run the canbus style Ap2 cluster as then it will work straight away with the j series vss.

DON - RPM Systems -

http://www.go-rpm.com/

This is dons website.

·
Registered
152 Posts
someone has done this before. and think use to do it for people, but idk if he is on this forum any more. his name is nick......... "N8r4d3" might have more info

·
Registered
382 Posts
Seen tons of them, just need the ETM for both cars to be able to wire it up, looks kinda retarded though having 2 fuel and temp gauges.

Oh yeah, ETM=Electrical Troubleshooting Manual, the OTHER service manual for Honda cars that no one on any of these car forums seem to have, the service manual is just the mechanical stuff. All the wiring diagrams are found in these, even shows how to unpin connectors, fuse to component charts, fuse to connector diagrams, connector pinouts, photos for connector and ground locations.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since I can't find a DIY/HOW TO article anywhere, I'd like to take an AP1 cluster, ship it to someone who can convert or do whatever he/she has to do to the cluster and have them ship it back to me so I can just plug it in and off I go for a nice drive.

I'll contact Don at RPM and see if he can do it for a 4th gen SRV

Thanks for the website, bouckarooo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts