Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive been on the fringe of buying a new car for a while now, but ive gone back and forth as to what i want to get, and how far im willing to go with this.

Well ive heard some pretty good things about the s2000 motor recently as far as how it holds up to boost. My question is do they have to be sleeved or will rods and pistons do for the block?

I may just go ahead and do it if thats all it is..

Black s2000, black wheels with a crome lip and a gt35r or the borg warner equivilent cause they sound badass.

Whats everyones thoughts on how the s2000 holds up under boost?

oh and i havent decided on the ap1 or ap2, how does that extra rpm range factor in with boost vs the other upgrads of the ap2.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQst99sHUsc

Here this might make you want one more.

Made 701 whp on a stock block. 1000cc bosch injectors. They were maxed out at 701whp 98% cycle duty.

They detuned it to 650whp.

Yes im pretty sure you have to sleeve the block. He's gunne be building a motor soon. Add 4 more bosch 1000cc injectors to the bottom of the IM and go for 1000whp.

Sick sick setup. Im seriously thinking about getting an s2k also after seeing this one in person.

I personally would go with an 02-03 model.. I rather have the extra rpm range.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQst99sHUsc

Here this might make you want one more.

Made 701 whp on a stock block. 1000cc bosch injectors. They were maxed out at 701whp 98% cycle duty.

They detuned it to 650whp.

Yes im pretty sure you have to sleeve the block. He's gunne be building a motor soon. Add 4 more bosch 1000cc injectors to the bottom of the IM and go for 1000whp.

Sick sick setup. Im seriously thinking about getting an s2k also after seeing this one in person.

I personally would go with an 02-03 model.. I rather have the extra rpm range.
wait so that guy ran 700 whp on a stock motor? then why would i need to sleeve. obviously they can handle it? lol geez.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
wait so that guy ran 700 whp on a stock motor? then why would i need to sleeve. obviously they can handle it? lol geez.

Longevity.. It can only hold for so long. LOL

There motors are a lot stronger than the H-series but they will go out eventually.

Plus the turbo he has is good for over 1000whp and it sounds like he is out to be one of the badest s2k's around.

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
thats the video i was looking for to post up i think.....
or maybe it was another one i dont know...

you dont really NEED to do anything to the block..
i saw a thread somewhere where this guy has been running on a stock block boosted making like 500 something whp and has been for 3-4 years..
now i dont know if he is daily driving it... i doubt it.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i planned to do a pretty nice build on the whole thing. rods and pistons and all. and dd it. But if i have to sleeve it i may look for a different car to play with.

ap1 or ap2? dont forget to include your opinion about that and why you would choose it.

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
go to honda-tech and go to the s2000 section. Those guys answered all my questions fast. In 4-5 years i will either own a s2000 or a NSX and use my prelude as a DD or just put it in Storage.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know i could go over there.. and probably should, but i just trust you guys more for an accurate response and not some sarcastic dribble.

I am waiting on moto and 98vtec to pop in with a vote also.

I would like a vote from all the forced induction junkies.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
the record for an s2k is 9xxwhp on a stock block, not sure how long it held up though. once im done with my prelude i really want to get an ap1

·
prince of darkness
210 Posts
if you buy the same supercharger kit i have you can put down about 370rwhp at 10 psi. it is the kraftwerks high boost 06-07 kit. the engines hold up great with a kit like that. being that the internals stock are all forged its a little stonger against boost. i can drop c06 vette's so i'd say thats good enough power haha

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
if you buy the same supercharger kit i have you can put down about 370rwhp at 10 psi. it is the kraftwerks high boost 06-07 kit. the engines hold up great with a kit like that. being that the internals stock are all forged its a little stonger against boost. i can drop c06 vette's so i'd say thats good enough power haha
Is that your CR in the sig?
To the OP: I personally prefer the ap2 for its better looks and the extra displacement will help spool turbo faster. If i were to boost my own s2k, I'd go with the kraftwerks centrifugal S/C.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
good luck getting it to the ground. S2k rear-end FTL

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts

This wouldn't happen to be yours would it? SC with the same wing..

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
you could simply S/C the S2K wether it be kraftwerks,comptech, or vortech and push 340-390whp depending on what you doo.. all on a stock motor..

but if you plan to push past 400whp, your gonna have to up the rear end of course..

just read up on s2ki... many stock turbo motors pushing 4-500whp.

great motor for Turbo if you ask me.. (my opinions and review.)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts