Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an S2000 push button start and from what i hear its prety easy to install. my problem is thast the back of the button looks like the female end of a wiring harness, i talked to the guy at honda and he said they dont sell the harnesses, is there any way that i could pull off the cap of the harness and extend or crimp the wires instead of have a harness?

pics/diagrams help!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Wow, that sounds tricky. If you figure it out, fill us in. I'd love to hear how it works.

Just curious, why are you doing it? Tryin' something new?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
prety sure its been done before but it was cheap and fun...maybe a theft deterent, i dont know...just something to spend $$ on

·
Registered
343 Posts
Im thinkin between the fact that the hondas use the electronic keys, and the fact that u still need to put the key in w/ a push button start is gonna make more complicated than u thought. maybe you are an electrical engineer or something.. i dont know

·
Registered
197 Posts
Really good write up about this on PreludeOnline.com . Start is going to be more complicated, yes (key in ignition.. turn to II, then press button) but come on, the bling factor is amazing.

also, if you have a spare floppy drive connector, from your computer, you can rip it off and it connects to the button like stock.

images from http://www.preludeonline.com/showthread.php?t=129137

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
so the male end of the harness can be attained by ripping apart a computer?, nice now i just gotta find an old comp that i can use

thanks by the way, i searched for this thread and couldn't find it

·
Registered
8,281 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
irolllow said:
Ask Boosted521... he had an S2000 push-start button when he had a Prelude.
I was gonna say.... ^

Did you get the oem button or one of those ignited knockoffs?

I actually have one myself, but haven't been able to bring myself in hacking up my dash to install it yet. Maybe one day.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
230 Posts
think you could put a s2000 start button w/ a remote start w/o overdoing it? oh and w/ the s2000 do you have to hold the clutch and press the button to start the engine?

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
bigballer8526 said:
think you could put a s2000 start button w/ a remote start w/o overdoing it? oh and w/ the s2000 do you have to hold the clutch and press the button to start the engine?
yes you still have to press the clutch in. what you can decide between is 1) if you want just the start button to crank the car or 2) have the start button crank the car and your key still have the ability to crank the car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts