Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 1997 Prelude base model. I bought the car with some rust on the driver side door frame.

(if you are going to be getting in the car it would be the pillar running vertically framing the window) He told me the dealer replaced the part during its warranty period and that it can be removed and replaced. Does anyone here know how and where i can get the new part to replace it? I can take pics if necessary.

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
tropixguy23 said:
I recently purchased a 1997 Prelude base model. I bought the car with some rust on the driver side door frame.

(if you are going to be getting in the car it would be the pillar running vertically framing the window) He told me the dealer replaced the part during its warranty period and that it can be removed and replaced. Does anyone here know how and where i can get the new part to replace it? I can take pics if necessary.

Thanks
try looking at junk yards, may be cheaper than bringing it to a dearship or buying it else where

·
Registered
253 Posts
if its the part thats between the driver window and rear drivers side window, on the door itself, then you can not replace the TRIM itself. What that is is a black sticker over the DOOR FRAME itself. So if its rusting then you have to sand it all the way down, prime and fill in and then buy the sticker if you want from honda. But its a pain to put the sticker on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the same problem on my 99 lude on both doors. Both pillars (vertical frames) are rusted (bubbling) ... don't know what to do. I can see this on some 5gens though. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Show us some pictures of what you are talking about and we could help you out a little better.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

·
UK VTi Motegi bAby!
1,730 Posts
I have the same thing on mine. I tried Honda but they didnt know what part# to order. So i ordered the ones u said up there, but they turned out to be wrong, they are stickers for inside the door frame behind the rubbers.

Honda said they would find out the right part # and get back to me, but never did. I guess it cant be fixed. I spoke to Honda4Life in length about this, and he didnt know either.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts

·
UK VTi Motegi bAby!
1,730 Posts
Yeah that was the one me and the guy at the dealership thought it might be, but we werent 100%, and it was expensive, so i didnt buy it. Plus it means you have to take the whole door apart and remove the window, wayyyy too much hassle for me...

I'll jus have to put up with the rust bubbles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts