Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i bought the 83 they had silver tape alng some of the lining of the window where it meets the body, and i looked in one spot was a tiny hole, bondo is the answer. but in another spot there is a hole about half the size of my fingernail,

can even this be bonded?

let me know

·
Registered
541 Posts
dude..take some more of that metal tape.... cut the rust out with a dremle and a stone on the end...put the metal tape on the back of the whole, aply bondo...sand it down..and itle hold verry well..and you wont have to worry about rust comming through it...

Steve~

·
Registered
541 Posts
yea i brought my car to a body shop thinking they would atleast grind the rust out of the wholes before they filled it with bondo...but now, less than 3 months later..theres rust bubbling throug the back peice where the window and the trunk lid meet... so deffanatly grind all the rust out..

·
Registered
112 Posts
There is a spray on rust converter you can get at the auto parts store.
Use a wire brush and remove as much of the rust as possible.
Spray the area with the rust converter and let it sit for a day or so.
Then.... Use FIBERGLASS Filler to fill in the 'holy' areas.
Fiberglass filler will work a lot better than bondo in those areas.
I got some at Wal Mart IIRC.

You will need a couple of files, a sanding block and some sandpaper to reshape the repaired area afterwards.

PRIME the area(s) you fixed with an EPOXY primer to protect from moisture until you can get paint sprayed on it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Honda_Quaalude86 said:
yea i brought my car to a body shop thinking they would atleast grind the rust out of the wholes before they filled it with bondo...but now, less than 3 months later..theres rust bubbling throug the back peice where the window and the trunk lid meet... so deffanatly grind all the rust out..
Rust is like cancer, if you dont get rid of it right it just keeps comming back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts