Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I've had my '88 Prelude for nine years now and since I bought it, I've had very little issues with it. Still, like others that own this car in a area with half the year covered with snow, rust is i persistent problem, even if I don't use the car in the wintertime. At this point, I'll have to install new rear fenders on both sides, in addition to something i think in english is called "sills"? (also both sides). I've search my country and the internet but i can't seem to find the parts.

Anyone on the community who knows where to get this?

I live in Norway (Europe, but not the european union).
My car's VIN number is JHMBA41400C003693

Jesper

·
Memento Mori
7,498 Posts
Unfortunately no one makes them aftermarket and no other Honda is a direct match.

So you only have a few options if you want to repair it correctly (replace the metal). Here are your options as I see it:

1. Find a donor car somewhere in Norway or Europe to cut the panels off of. I know there are still some owners in the U.K. and Germany, maybe they have a line on a parts car.

2. The arch section of 86-89 Accord rear quarter patch panels are supposed to be very close in shape, you could try those: 1986-1989 Honda Accord 2 Door Rear Wheel Arch Area - Left Side | Mill Supply, Inc.
Unfortunately I don't know about the sills, you could try ones from an Accord as well, but they may not be close enough.

3. Find a skilled metal craftsman to make replacement panels from scratch. I know the car culture over there isn't as big as the U.S. but if you can find a shop that builds "hot rod" style cars they will most likely be able to do it or know someone who can. You could also try asking around regular body shops they may know of someone (or be able to do it).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply! I'll consider your options. I think I will start with your second option, and then eventually third. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts