Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is only starting up if u play with the gas and then when it starts it will not idle and it has a loud hissing/sucking noise when u let off the gas and its from some where under the hood and i drove it the other day but had to play with the gas when i stoped but its running so bad idk y. Carbs where just rebuilt and it ran pretty good when driveing down the road. Had it up to 110

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can u guys give me more info on the getting rid of all the vac lines i dont need with pics

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive seen the wire up for it but i need pics of each thing to take off

·
Hepcat
3,180 Posts
Ive seen the wire up for it but i need pics of each thing to take off
I think you need to give some details of what you are trying to achieve here. I recommend download the factory service manual and study the vac system for your model of car.

I can tell you my car has the bare minimum vac lines hooked up. Only one. Brake booster vacuum. That is the only one that is truly neccesary and even then a brake master cylinder upgrade may be able to render it uneeded. I suspect you will wish to keep vac advance line and the climate control line to the vac can. So you could probably get rid of all bar these three.

If you don't understand the vac system your just gonna end up with more vac leaks as there is no way to 100% accurately guarantee you'll get it right just by following photos or posts. Indeed it sounds like you have one already!

By the way I never had any vac controlled emissions controls except anti afterburn valve dash pot... If your in us maybe you have more stuff iw. The dreaded "black box"

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im doing getting rid of all the vac lines and im following @full throttle mans write up as we speak

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok now it will idle but its at 3,000rpm and it revs up and runs now so its a start i got rid of all the stuff not needed. Now what. How do i get it to idle right and by the way after the rebuild i never did ajust or get get the carbs syncronized

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no clue i need some help on this thing now the son of a bitch will not even start up got gas a spark im i just wana drive this thing again...

·
Hepcat
3,180 Posts
Honestly it still sounds like you have vacuum leak issues, that could cause the idle to be high but very lean, and also cause the car not to start. You really need to go through all vacuum points systematically to block them all off and guarantee there are no leaks. Download the factory service manual, print the emissions systems page showing all the vacuum layout and tick off the points as you check they are blocked. Obviously you'll be able to cross off large chunks that you have already removed. Can you put up some high quality close-up photos of the carb/manifold area showing where you're at with all the vacuum stuff?

EDIT: Also suspect any old/damaged dash pots, thermovalves, etc. Diaphragms may have perished and be causing a leak this way. Also check the cold start high idle mechanism, this works with a thermo-wax driven dash-pot, it could be stuck high although this wouldn't prevent the car from starting - just would cause high idle.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes ile get some photos tomarrow and i put every thing back on as im just trying to get it to run right but it ran the alot better with every thing off it started up N ilded at 3,000 ima take every thing back off tomarrow and block it off and take some pictures of it so if. i do any thing wrong u guys can help me with it

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I blocked every thing off now like before now it will not even run its getting spark and gas i messed with this dizzy and it still wont fire up. Im about to burn this thing to the ground

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took some pictures to ile upload them later

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i redid every thing again and linked the carbs right update the pics i posted are no good now now it runs great ides at 1000 rpm and revs up great it ilded about 5 minites then it ran out of gas. But now can u help me on another thing my gas gauge and tempature gauge do.not work. And idk how to fix this as im not good at wireing

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Good job getting it running better ! Dude there is so much info on here you gotta do some searching alot
Of this stuff has been covered or asked about many times and we are all happy to help with a bit more info than my gauges dont work help me fix them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My phone wont let me use to search thing but my computer will and im so glad i got this thing runner again i missed it so much its been over a year sense it ran right but yea my tep and gas things dont work but the tac and. Speed o meter work fine im just not a wireing kinda person

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Youve done some decent work to get it going. Like doughluder said tho you need to do some searching on the topics. It takes alot of time and reading to get it all sorted out. And as long as you keep the "yo man wats wrong wid dis ting. I gots mad repesct for you ppl who can fix all dat stuffs" down to a 0 level and make a solid effort, you should get plenty of help.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I checked the all the fuses they where good ile pull the cluster out in thr morning and clean the contats i got a tac with a few gauges built into to oil temp water temp and a few other things id like to try and wire up as well ipe be puttin my cb7 coilover sleeves on it in a few days aswell

1 - 20 of 23 Posts