Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a dark blue RSX-S pull out behind me on the highway today, hung beside him a while, (in all fairness he had 2 or 3 passengers I belive, prolly 150-180# a piece). Anyways, I gave him a fender hit from 60 and by 70 I had put about a car or 2 on him, by 100 he was a few busses back, maybe 10 cars or so. I dont know when he let off though. I didnt want to run again, but they did, anyways, he downshifted and went and i just left it in OD and punched it. THey put 3-6 cars on me by 100 or so when we started slowing down, not real sure how many, wasnt counting or worried about it. Cool guys, thumbs up all around. Nice to meet some import owners who are cool with the domestics!

·
Registered
343 Posts
doesnt sound like he was owned at all? two cars that put out about the same power and you pulled 5 cars on him over 30mph?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^I really dont understand your post. I pulled a bus or 2 on the guy from 60 to 100, I dont know when he let off, but it was a total trampling.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I would say 4.10's with 280-300 rwhp is "insane" enough. Race weight as I ran him was probably 3475# or so considering i didnt have much fuel in it.

ARGGGGGGGgggggggggggg, this is killing me. I really need a picture in my sig, I drive a modded 88' 5.0 GT

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, No, I considered trading a 95 Trans Am for one though, close enough? Hey, im not hating on imports, much less 'ludes, I just posted a good, fair kill, just enjoy it :)

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
lmao... definately should post what car you have in the original post. you're on a prelude forum.. people will assume you have one ;)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
oy, I posed my mod list once, here we go again....

For all you people who wanted a mod list...

FMS aluminum DS
UPR tubular upper/lower control arms
Probe forged pistons
GT40P heads
10.5:1 compression
4.10 gears
TKO500 transmission
FRPP Strut tower brace
50/50 lakewood shocks
4-way KYB AGX struts
245/60/15 cooper cobra gt's
73mm MAF
70mm TB
24# injectors
A9L EEC-IV conversion
1989 140mph speedomoeter
MSD ignition
MAC shorty headers
BBK X-pipe
Flowmaster force II cat-back
Steeda full length subframes
3-core radiator
Stainless flex-a-lite fan
Underdriven crank pully
X303 cam
1.6 aluminum RR's
Typhoon intake
Kirban FPR at 45psi
190 lph walbro fuel pump
Upper/lower tq box reinforcements
New quad shocks
2.75" cowl hood
High volume oil pump
King Cobra clutch
Adjustable billet clutch quadrant
Billet flywheel
Audiovox CD player
TKO short throw handle

I am about to go full MSD ignition with a 670 CFM holley 4bbl vac-secondaries and a edelbrock RPM manifold. getting rid of EFI.

what

what does a type S 6-speed run, ET/MPH? also, this guy had i think 3 passengers, each around 150ish. So that is an extra 450# in his car right there. So take off about 1/2 a second to be fair, right?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the Type S is capable of mid to high 14's. Of course that's with the right driver.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the Type S is capable of mid to high 14's. Of course that's with the right driver.
nope, 15's all day long.

hew N/A my buddies got a windsor sitting in a bronco here i could prolly sell for a few hundred. of course it needs rebuilt, but a windsor. guess its 383? unless its stroked. but anyway i saw a 5.0 with a windsor and nitrous (maybe it was blown too?) run a mid 9.... but mid 9's cost lots of $$$$$$.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
so a likely fully stock 2.0 liter 4 cylinder with 350ish lbs of people in it ran similar to your 5.0L V8 with a laundry list of mods on the highway? That's what it sounds like man. Not sure I'd be bragging.
With a decent 150lb driver an RSX-S bone stock can pull a 14.7. Not bad for a torqueless FWD 4 cylinder N/A car bone stock. I think it's one of the fasterst FWD stock cars in the US today, behind only the Cobalt SS and of course the SRT-4.

I have absolutely nothing against domestics but the RSX-S is a great car from a roll and easily keeps up with cars with twice the cylinders and displacent...it's only weakness it's FWD. Domestics had to go FI to beat the RSX-S with a 4 cylinder production car.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
JLude said:
I have absolutely nothing against domestics but the RSX-S is a great car from a roll and easily keeps up with cars with twice the cylinders and displacent...it's only weakness it's FWD. Domestics had to go FI to beat the RSX-S with a 4 cylinder production car.
haha... I thought I was the only that new that:tongue:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
IT was pretty weak imho. V6 05 mustang gave me a better go. As did an S2000, but to be fair, they didnt have passengers, so its hard to be objective.

PS. A windsor is 351 ci. Stroked, they are commonly 408 ci. But can go larger/smaller depending.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
N/Apower said:
IT was pretty weak imho. V6 05 mustang gave me a better go. As did an S2000, but to be fair, they didnt have passengers, so its hard to be objective.
What does kind of ET does your 5.0 run with that mod list? And I assume that would be near sealevel track given your location. :smilejap: I am a fellow LA resident. Born and raised in Lafayette.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts