Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a suite of an old thread i did, i deceided to order the Neuspeed Sport Spring to go with my 18" and Kyb-Agx, but i just found a good deal of Rs*r Down Spring with i think it's very hight quality stuffs, so now i'm wondering if i should go with Rs*r or Neuspeed.

I dont find much Rs*r Review.

Thanks

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
neuspeed i hear gives you a nice drop but i dont no about ride comfort. i got tein s techs and there jus fine for me, a lil bumpy but the drop is great..1.5 f and 1.3 r

·
Registered
978 Posts
RS*R makes some good stuff, but they are just as expensive. I thought they specialized in exhausts, but I could be wrong.

Anywho.. I'd go with Neuspeed because you know you can trust 'em.. besides, dont they have some kind of warantee?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I have neuspeed sport springs look at my pics!!! There a nice ride but if you have 18" rims there going to rub!! I have 17" rims and when I hit a bump my wheel bottoms out in the rear but there still good springs. If I had 18" rims I would get tein s techs to play it safe!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neuspeed Sport : 1.75 / 1.5
RS-R : 1.6 / 1.2
Tein S-Tech : 1.46 / 1.34

The Neuspeed Sport drop a bit more, but with S-Tech i should be ok to do not
get rubbing ? is i'm ok with S-Tech i should be ok with RS-R ? the drop is close.

I could have a good deal of Rs-R (cheaper than Neuspeed).

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
you should be fine if you get RS-R spings or Tein S-Tech springs

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You think i shoud go with Tein before Rs-R and Neuspeed as last...
Whats make Tein better than Rs-r ?

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Maculosa said:
Compare suspension catalogs.

Tein's bread and butter is suspension. That's all they do.

As far as neuspeeds, they are made by h and r. I have h and r springs. Not bad, but no where near the surgical precision of my teins.

Who knows, maybe the ride in the 3rd gen is weaker due to the struts. Maybe. But either way, I wouldn't trade my teins on the 5th gen for anything.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Maculosa said:
you must have failed algebra

neuspeed>RSR
tein>neuspeed

the alligator mouth eats the bigger (better) one

I wouldn't get RSR for suspension, I didn't even know they made suspension untill this post.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Oops you are right, i checked too fast before replying.
So i will check to get Tein or Neuspeed and i will forget Rs-R

Hprelude5R can you post a pic of your drop with Tein S-tech ?
Those spring do not drop a lot so i want to see what it look.
and what is your Rims/Tire size ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Neuspeed drop a bit more but i want to avoid Rubbings as much as possible.
Neuspeed drop 1.75/1.5 and tein 1.5/1.3 so i will get less rubbings with Tein, I have 18 x 7.5 Rims with 215/40 tire, the offset of my rims is 42mm.
If i put Tein is 1.5/1.3 drop will look good and do not have lot of rubbins ?
(i dont want to change my rims and i do not want my car to look like a truck)

Maculosa

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Maculosa said:
Neuspeed drop a bit more but i want to avoid Rubbings as much as possible.
Neuspeed drop 1.75/1.5 and tein 1.5/1.3 so i will get less rubbings with Tein, I have 18 x 7.5 Rims with 215/40 tire, the offset of my rims is 42mm.
If i put Tein is 1.5/1.3 drop will look good and do not have lot of rubbins ?
(i dont want to change my rims and i do not want my car to look like a truck)

Maculosa
I have tein coilovers on my 5th gen, not the s tech springs. With that beign said, the springs that mate to the strut, are incredible. Much better than the h and r/neuspeeds on my 3rd gen. As far as pics click the link in my sig for pics of my lowered 5th gen.

HOWEVER, you have brought up another point.... You have 18" wheels, not good for lowering. Why? B/c you have to stick with a 35 series tire in order to keep from rubbing with a drop. Since you have a 40 series tire....that's gonna be a problem. But then again 35 series tires suck.

My advice would be to consider tein's luxury springs or perhaps an offering from eibach. With either of those, you can lower the car approximately 1". Can't say that you won't rub, or that you'd even get that much of an increase in handling, but it's alot better idea than the more radical drops from sport/race springs.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
364 Posts
My friend Brian just got some RS-R USA Down Springs for his 97 Prelude Type Sh and I was wondering if those springs are made for the base or Type SH? I know that if you mix up the springs or the shocks, you're going to run into problems. He had the springs for a month of two now and it seems fine, but I want to make sure.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
I have neuspeed sport springs, Tokico Adjustable shocks, 17X7 X 43mm wheels with 215/40/17 tires and I have never rubbed, even under HEAVY cornering (Autocross and spirited Tail of the Dragon Running!) The drop looks so good with Neuspeed sports, the ride is almost as smooth as stock I think. They are not quite as stiff as I'd like but you have to trade some stiffness for a nice ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts