Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
2,421 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
go to hidplanet.com and buy their 4300k hid's bulbs and ballasts.

They also sell projectors, and valeo's are commonly used, why? because they are great projectors and easy to retrofit into our headlights.

As far as bezels go, you want more of a shroud, and most people prefer the e46 shroud, which can be seen on most bmw's, which are, from what i understand, the easiest shroud to se, unless you make a custom shroud of course.

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
2,421 Posts
97 Lude VTec said:
go to hidplanet.com and buy their 4300k hid's bulbs and ballasts.

They also sell projectors, and valeo's are commonly used, why? because they are great projectors and easy to retrofit into our headlights.

As far as bezels go, you want more of a shroud, and most people prefer the e46 shroud, which can be seen on most bmw's, which are, from what i understand, the easiest shroud to se, unless you make a custom shroud of course.
are there diffrent sizes of valeo's? and were do i find the e46 shoud?

·
Registered
71 Posts
yeah that's a waste of a good OEM headlight, hahaha.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
You guys aren't going to believe me, but I actually made those...Long story behind these lights. Yes, these are 350Z Halogen projectors

·
Registered
985 Posts
wow, I'm surprised you'd wanna fess-up to that after they bashed the job haha.

But we know you do good work. Keep it up. I gotta learn alot

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
prelude1897 said:
You guys aren't going to believe me, but I actually made those...Long story behind these lights. Yes, these are 350Z Halogen projectors
Okay how weird is that....who would have thunk!!!:jehon:
but we know you do a good job i have seen some other retros u have done what was the guy thinking.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Lol, yeah I know I shouldn't have fessed up to this one, but it's only cause it's a funny story about it....

Well, here we go. The reason I even made these was cause a friend of mine was selling his car and he didn't wanna keep the retrofit he already had on the car when he sold it, so I told him I had some extra lights, but they're in bad shape. Well, he calls me up the next day and says he doesn't care, cause the stealership is buying it from him and only offered $4k for his car, cause he was trading it in for a TSX. Well here's the funny part, the stealership told him that they didn't have the car, so he could continue to drive his car until they got his TSX in, which he did for hte next 3-4 days which was plenty of time for me to put these crappy headlights together.

Well, I wasn't about to just throw some good reflector bowls in and I just happened to have had some 350Z halogen projector lying around, so what better timing to use them. So I threw this crap together within like an hour, didn't even aim them, and we zipped tied them to his car, and he just turned around and sold his other retrofits. Well, a couple of days later, I see someone on H-T posting up pics of their new Prelude, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I realized it was my friends old Prelude and it still had these crappy ass lights on them. All I could do was laugh about it and I even called my friend up to tell him about it. We both just laugh and never thought someone would actually roll with these things.

The moral of the story is, if you work at a stealership, you shouldn't let that person continue to drive the car after signing all the paper work. Things like this may happen. I hope somone on this site doesn't seriously buy these lights. They do not work great like the seller mentions, they straight up suuuuck

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i dont see whats so bad about them, i actually just bid on them, if i win em for like 50 bux i wont have a problem putting em on my car.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
djurchicprelude said:
i dont see whats so bad about them, i actually just bid on them, if i win em for like 50 bux i wont have a problem putting em on my car.
Trust me you will...The lights aren't aligned, and theres no reflector bowl inside. Damn, these lights seemed to have traveled kinda far. From TX to AR, and I wonder where to next :smilejap:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts