Honda Prelude Forum banner

421 - 437 of 437 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
Not too hot into the corner. It's a decreasing radius turn, so going in rather hot is ok with some good trail braking. :) Just had way too much rear brake! :)

Here are a couple of other short videos from the last event. Still feeling things out, but it's kind of fun being able to spin the tires in 3rd gear at corner exit! :)

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Man i love this car!!

I am so gld Billy that youve shared the long journey of tour car.

I remember back in 08 when your car was still runni g before all of this work was done. The picture of the car getting powdercoated grey has always been one of my davorite shots and truly an inspiration. I only wish to filly do my chassis such as yours!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
New year so it's time for new updates. You can't eave those teaser videos and a parting shot of new rubber and leave it at that...

How do you like the 5.5" clutch?

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #426 (Edited)
Man i love this car!!

I am so gld Billy that youve shared the long journey of tour car.

I remember back in 08 when your car was still runni g before all of this work was done. The picture of the car getting powdercoated grey has always been one of my davorite shots and truly an inspiration. I only wish to filly do my chassis such as yours!!!

Yeah it's been a long long journey. It's getting close... Will never be done, but at least it'll be track worthy.

New year so it's time for new updates. You can't eave those teaser videos and a parting shot of new rubber and leave it at that...

How do you like the 5.5" clutch?
Well that's where things stand right now. :) Car will be going back to the shop later this month for a final push to get all the little things buttoned up, new engine, new trans, and aero work. Should also have a passenger seat when all is said and done. :)

5.5" clutch won't happen for now because they're so heat sensitive that I can't load or unload the car by driving it! I'll wait until I get used to driving the car and can actually take advantage of it. For now, I'll use a 7.25" twin disk.

Right now, some suspension work is needed (replacing a few of the spherical bearings, adjustable upper rear control arms, and doing something about the front upper control arms too). I recently purchased a 3D printer, so that's a huge help with some of the prototyping work.

Elliptical throttle body pulley to help tame some of the low RPM throttle pedal sensitivity:

Spacer needed to push the bracket out to match with the thicker pulley:

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
New wheel and tire package! Also have RZ-F2's on order. I like the PF01, but the way they make the front wheels look, man they're ugly!

The new wheel and tire package is a bit larger than the old setup.

One nasty trade off is weight. :( From L to R: old wheel and tire (front and rear), new front, new rear.

Rears might actually fit without much more than a fender pull and bumper trimming!

Fronts will take a bit more work. :p

Also finally installed an upper rear control arm setup with camber adjustment:

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #432 (Edited)
While the Prelude is off getting some work done, and I'm waiting on the trans gears to be treated, we're upgrading the garage!

Raising a 17.5' x 17.5' section of the ceiling 30" to 12.5' so I can raise the lift to full height and have plenty of clearance.

The in-ceiling speakers were somewhat of an afterthought, but they were 100% worth it. Love them.

Lift arrives later this week!!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
While the Prelude is off getting some work done, and I'm waiting on the trans gears to be treated, we're upgrading the garage!

Raising a 17.5' x 17.5' section of the ceiling 30" to 12.5' so I can raise the lift to full height and have plenty of clearance.

The in-ceiling speakers were somewhat of an afterthought, but they were 100% worth it. Love them.

Lift arrives later this week!!!
Lucky you !

·
Registered
489 Posts
Dang, that's beautiful.

I feel bad that I've not been able to accomplish much on "finishing" my own garage since I'm hardly ever home. It's hard to get motivated when all you want to do is stop flying to the east coast for work.

Anyway, don't you have garage door openers? With a lift coming, it looks like a traditional overhead door opener is going to get in the way... So, wall-mounted jackpost opener then? I've got one some Liftmaster flavor which seems to work fine, at for the last year or so.

Also, what lift is it you're getting? Two post or four? I'd love to have a lift, but I don't think I could live with a post or two someplace in the middle of the garage.

Keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #435 (Edited)
Yeah working crazy hours sucks. Did it for a few years and had to get out.

I'm using a jackshaft opener, and so far it's been working pretty good.

It's a 4 post Bendpak lift. I have most of the heavy lifting done, just have to run cables, air line, electrical, and install the control box. I decided to go 4 lift so I could move it (and I ordered the caster kit with the lift), and so I could fit one more car in the garage for storage. Also going to have to raise the garage door rails. The specs only show the column height. There is additional height from the threaded rod on the ladder bars and cables. I didn't know about that until after I began installing, and the threaded rod hits the braces on the door. :(

The runners are stupid heavy, so I had to make a simple cradle and use my engine hoist to get the runners into place. Everything else can be moved by 1 person, although the cross bars are pretty heavy as well. Also, I'm not including the rolling jack. That will require the hoist as well. It's like 350 lbs.

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #436 (Edited)
A bunch of updates coming soon, but not many pics.

Lift is finished and it works beautifully. A few mods are needed, but they'll be done as time allows.

Advan RZ-F2s arrived and now have RComps mounted on them!! I LOVE the wheels and cannot wait to see how they look on the Prelude.

Checking the weight of the PF01s vs the Advans was educational. Top pictures are forged Yokohama RZ-F2s and bottom are Enkei PF01s. Wheels are the same size. Left are 18x10.5 +15mm, right are 18x9 +45 for the RZ-F2 and +35 for the PF01. Tires are the same size as well. Left are 285/30/18 and right are 245/35/18 Hoosier R7 RComp.

Weight difference is less than I expected. I'm sure the F2s will be the stronger wheel, but I've never had issues with any PF01s that I've owned. I was hoping for a larger weight difference on the front (5.9% lighter), and was very surprised how close the rears were (0.5% lighter). Cost differential is huge. I can buy 5 PF01s for the price of 2 RZ-F2s. However, the RZ-F2 will be the stronger wheel and look better too.

421 - 437 of 437 Posts