Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
My condolences as well. I would like to also say that this is a terrible loss, as well as that people have been killed in almost any sport you can imagine, from basketball to football. This doesnt make street racing safe, but it also doesnt make it some horrible monster either.

·
Registered
568 Posts
15 deaths in 4 years caused by street racing in Colorado, so the the popo hunt extra hard for anyone that may be racing. It might make more sense to go after the drunk drivers and cell phone blabbers though since they cause 20 times more accidents/deaths than racers. More people die worldwide from falling coconuts than from racing in CO, but apparently it's a huge epidemic that warrants all the police departments resources. Drug dealers are secondary to street racing.

OT: Nice 5.0! I always imagined it as primer gray, but maybe that's because I haven't seen any with paint. lol.

·
Registered
848 Posts
hahaha (primer gray comment) I may live in the south and be in a not so stellar income bracket I suppose, but I am not a ******* or a hick :)

they go after street racers b/c its glamorous and the pigs love to chase. Street racing (when done right) is safe as any sport can be imho.

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
^^Areed. Street racing is safer than freeway driving if in a closed area with smart drivers. It's ashame for that guy and anyone else who gets hurt or killed in the sport. It's just a risk you take... :/

·
Registered
540 Posts
2ZZ13BT said:
15 deaths in 4 years caused by street racing in Colorado, so the the popo hunt extra hard for anyone that may be racing. It might make more sense to go after the drunk drivers and cell phone blabbers though since they cause 20 times more accidents/deaths than racers. More people die worldwide from falling coconuts than from racing in CO, but apparently it's a huge epidemic that warrants all the police departments resources. Drug dealers are secondary to street racing.

OT: Nice 5.0! I always imagined it as primer gray, but maybe that's because I haven't seen any with paint. lol.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean, seeing as how I live in Colorado too. Instead of busting drunk drivers, people on cell phones, or the many various meth labs we have. They'd rather worry about us...

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
my condolences too..... you guys street racing is dangerous. There is no need to sugar code it. Its dangerous period. People do it for the thrill. I know I do. I get a greater satisfaction from street racing vs going to the track. The track is way too controlled. But my condolences. Be safe guys.

·
Registered
848 Posts
It's not that the track is too controlled, street racing can be just as organized. It's jsut that i cant keep myself from running that shiny new vette beside me, and its there NOW! not at the track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts