Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
16's are perfect for the best combo of handling and smoothness on rough roads. 17's are best if there are very few rough roads around you. tires are cheapest for 15's. 18's i think are too big.

my most recent favorite rim with black spokes and polished lip is the new konig available. i forget the model name, but my buddy has them on his wrex and goddamn do they look hot as hell!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
motoxxxman said:
16's are perfect for the best combo of handling and smoothness on rough roads. 17's are best if there are very few rough roads around you. tires are cheapest for 15's. 18's i think are too big.

my most recent favorite rim with black spokes and polished lip is the new konig available. i forget the model name, but my buddy has them on his wrex and goddamn do they look hot as hell!
Here are a couple...

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
the ones i was referring to look most like the third pic you posted, but thats not them. lemme see if i can find a pic of them quick......

edit: ok, found the ones i was thinking of, and they dont look like the 3rd pic hahaha. some people may think they look kinda goofy sittin without a tire and not mounted to a car, but damn do they look good with tires and mounted on a car. especially a dark color car. and they look even better while moving. just SICK! but heres the pic of the ones i was thinking of...

http://www.konigwheels.com/catalog_product_details.cfm?CategoryID=1&ss_id=374

not exactly black center with poilished lip, but i am in love with these wheels ever since i saw them mounted on my buddy's black wrex (03 wrx imprezza awd turbo)

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
ChiroLude said:
I want a rim with a deep polished lip, and black spokes. Maybe something like BBS style. Any reccommendations?

I like these...

i have those.
and they're awesome...

i think they look great...
would look just as good on a dark car...

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
Hp Evo's. I was going to get these but they were backordered 5 weeks and they are no longer sold, they just stopped last summer but u can still find some in some company's inventory. Usually $700-800 with tires.

Also if you dont neccessarily want a deep lip, the gram lights with a polished lip are nice and so are the oz superleggera and ultraleggeras, all 3 are really lightweight

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/WheelSearch.jsp?&autoMake=Honda&autoModel=Prelude&autoYear=1988&autoModClar=

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
you can't get a 2" lip.
the lip of the rims on my car (with the black asa's on it?) is how deep they are.
unless you get specific on your offset.
but you're really not going to be able to get that kinda lip on a fwd car, AND make it look right...

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
If you have some money get those old school work wheels, I can't remember the name but they have a +35mm offset which will set you right at your fender I think. But it'll be the biggest lip you'll find for front wheel drive hondas.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Call me crazy, but black rims with polished lips look ghetto when arranged on small wheels.

I'd say if your going that route you most definately need to get 17's AT LEAST.

The ASA's you posted look good, just get 17's or go for something different.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you think 16" rims look perfect then buy16" rims, but i just want to add that 18s are not too big for our cars, i have them on 2" lowering springs and i dont have any problems at all,(save for a little bit of a ruff ride).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.