1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BAD91Si said:
looks great, get at least 16-17....
Are 16's too small/17's too big?

From the pics I have seen, it seems like 17s might be too big and leave too little sidewall. 16s look almost perfect...

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
16's are perfect for the best combo of handling and smoothness on rough roads. 17's are best if there are very few rough roads around you. tires are cheapest for 15's. 18's i think are too big.

my most recent favorite rim with black spokes and polished lip is the new konig available. i forget the model name, but my buddy has them on his wrex and goddamn do they look hot as hell!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
motoxxxman said:
16's are perfect for the best combo of handling and smoothness on rough roads. 17's are best if there are very few rough roads around you. tires are cheapest for 15's. 18's i think are too big.

my most recent favorite rim with black spokes and polished lip is the new konig available. i forget the model name, but my buddy has them on his wrex and goddamn do they look hot as hell!
Here are a couple...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LudeeCrous said:
sorry to be the asshole here, but wtf is the point of this thread. Just showing of some rims that you like, or do you want our opinion on what rims to buy?
Opinions....

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
the ones i was referring to look most like the third pic you posted, but thats not them. lemme see if i can find a pic of them quick......

edit: ok, found the ones i was thinking of, and they dont look like the 3rd pic hahaha. some people may think they look kinda goofy sittin without a tire and not mounted to a car, but damn do they look good with tires and mounted on a car. especially a dark color car. and they look even better while moving. just SICK! but heres the pic of the ones i was thinking of...

http://www.konigwheels.com/catalog_product_details.cfm?CategoryID=1&ss_id=374

not exactly black center with poilished lip, but i am in love with these wheels ever since i saw them mounted on my buddy's black wrex (03 wrx imprezza awd turbo)

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That does look good. Mine is white with dark tinted windows so I think it would look pretty good. How much did it cost for the rim/tire package?

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
Hp Evo's. I was going to get these but they were backordered 5 weeks and they are no longer sold, they just stopped last summer but u can still find some in some company's inventory. Usually $700-800 with tires.

Also if you dont neccessarily want a deep lip, the gram lights with a polished lip are nice and so are the oz superleggera and ultraleggeras, all 3 are really lightweight

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/WheelSearch.jsp?&autoMake=Honda&autoModel=Prelude&autoYear=1988&autoModClar=

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Call me crazy, but black rims with polished lips look ghetto when arranged on small wheels.

I'd say if your going that route you most definately need to get 17's AT LEAST.

The ASA's you posted look good, just get 17's or go for something different.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you think 16" rims look perfect then buy16" rims, but i just want to add that 18s are not too big for our cars, i have them on 2" lowering springs and i dont have any problems at all,(save for a little bit of a ruff ride).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts