Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the biggest size of rim and tire you could slam on a 2nd gen.
I am currently looking for wheels, but im not to sure of what will fit.
I dont want too big of rims. maybe just 15's or 16's.

·
Lord Magnum
1,210 Posts
15s is your best bet
I agree. there is pic of some 7 spoke 16s in my pictures, and I like the ride & look of 16s, too. Much of your choice should be about driving conditions and use of your car. Your question cant be completely answered because you have to think about width, too. Then you can figure how much sidewall you can squeeze in there. 17s fit and do fine if you like them. I don't think it's possible/practical to fit 18s, which is fine because you wouldn't want to anyway.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
15s are a pretty good all around size. Lots of selection in tires and wheels and prices won't be terrible. My car came with 17s but I sold them last summer because the ride was just too harsh (I have VERY stiff suspension). Tire selection is very limited with 17s because they have to have a 40 profile, and they're expensive.

C|

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have 16" Enkei six spoke with 205-50ZR16 Falken tires on a 1.7 inch drop. No clearence problems. I am kinda dissapointed that I can still spin the shit out of the RF wheel. You would think when you pay $115 for a tire that it would grab the pavement and not let go.
The 50 series tires ride a lot better than the 215-40ZR17 tires I have on my Accord. Proof of that is me having to replace inner and outer tie rods, upper control arm bushings, struts, and drive axles. All of this on both sides of the front.

·
Registered
69 Posts
the biggest size that will fit on a 2nd gen prelude is 18x7. i'm sure you could go bigger with some modification, but 18x7 is the max w/o mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts