Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping that this day would never come, but if finally has. I have bent a rim. Tragic, i know. Point is now I need new rims, or a single rim for a 5th gen base model if anyone has one lying around and is interested in a sale. Now, I've always wanted to get some 17s and had intended to in future, but i had a friend who did a similar change on his civic and the they were far to big and rubbed whenever his suspension did anything other than stand still. I have a completely stock suspension and am worried that i could have the same problem, though to be honest i don't think i should. Can anyone calm my fears with experience to the contrary? Also, if there won't be a problem, I'd prefer to get some cheap 16s and use them until my beautiful brand new tires need replacing and then move to the 17s, so if anyone has any for sale I'm definitely interested.

·
Registered
116 Posts
there should be alot of stock 5th gen base rims around. i like the 16 inch AP1 rims if u got 4 fronts you can use your stock tires.

·
Registered
175 Posts
17's are big, 16's are a great size to stick with.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just stick with 16s and pick up a stock wheel for cheap for now, check the for sale forum and you might get some more responses.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I was hoping that this day would never come, but if finally has. I have bent a rim. Tragic, i know. Point is now I need new rims, or a single rim for a 5th gen base model if anyone has one lying around and is interested in a sale. Now, I've always wanted to get some 17s and had intended to in future, but i had a friend who did a similar change on his civic and the they were far to big and rubbed whenever his suspension did anything other than stand still. I have a completely stock suspension and am worried that i could have the same problem, though to be honest i don't think i should. Can anyone calm my fears with experience to the contrary? Also, if there won't be a problem, I'd prefer to get some cheap 16s and use them until my beautiful brand new tires need replacing and then move to the 17s, so if anyone has any for sale I'm definitely interested.

I have two base model rims with tires for sale. Pm me if interested.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ok first as long as the tires you get for some 17s are the same diameter as the stock tires you will have no problems, unless you buy 17s with a different offset than stocks. Second wheel size doesnt come into play with fitment issues unless you get oversized tires or some goofy offset.
There are 3 different numbers as well as a letter or two in the tire size for instance 235/45/ZR17. ( I pulled these numbers out of my butt ). 235 would be the width of the tread. 45 would be how tall the sidewall is. ZR is the speed rating ( and for the record H is completely adequate for any street car its good to like 145 mph. unless your ca is capable of 190 mph you dont need Z rated tires). And 17 is the wheel size. Hope this helps.
Posted via Mobile

1 - 6 of 6 Posts