Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive searched and ive asked my friends. But i havent found out if a 16x7 +40 offset rim wrapped in a 205/50/16 tire will fit on my lude when its at a 1 finger gap...1 finger atleast b/c sometimes i want to slam it for pics. does anybody know?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ive searched and ive asked my friends. But i havent found out if a 16x7 +40 offset rim wrapped in a 205/50/16 tire will fit on my lude when its at a 1 finger gap...1 finger atleast b/c sometimes i want to slam it for pics. does anybody know?

what size is on the car when you slam it ?

go to http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg2.html and put in the rim and tire size and it will show you the diffrence

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive tried that thingy. right now i have the stock blades and those same tires. the blades are 16x6.5 with a +55offset i think...the new rims are 16x7 with a +40...i dont understand fitment to well and ive tried searching the last couple days

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well. the ppl who answered this question said i should...but not by much. i have no idea when it comes to rims and fitment

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Should be ok Jesse as long as you've got some gap. It's only 5mm further out than my rims. You don't have camber correction kits do you? That would increase the chance of rubbing.

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Should be ok Jesse as long as you've got some gap. It's only 5mm further out than my rims. You don't have camber correction kits do you? That would increase the chance of rubbing.
thanks Wayne. once in a while i may drop it down to near a no gap, but only for pics...so that shouldnt be to much of a problem. and nah, no camber correction kits....that reminds me, i need an alignment lol :smurf:

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
I wouldn't buy 16x7 +40 wheels, myself. They stick out a lot.

But at worst you will probably just have to trim the bumper tabs. Depends on how wide the tire actually is.

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah. thats another thing i was thinking about. i wonder how far they actually will stick out. i wonder if it will be to the point where it is stupid. idk

·
Registered
219 Posts
ive tried that thingy. right now i have the stock blades and those same tires. the blades are 16x6.5 with a +55offset i think...the new rims are 16x7 with a +40...i dont understand fitment to well and ive tried searching the last couple days

sorry i thought you were talking about hight

to check where the rim will sit get a 15mm spacer and put it on the rims you have and that where the new rim will sit

i dont think you will beable to but the nuts on but if you lower it down i think youll beable to see

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
In terms of "sticking out" the tire/wheel will be almost flush with the top of the front fenders. They'll be a little inside of the rear fenders.

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah. i was sorta thinking that might how it be but wasnt to sure. im trying to set something up with someone on here about their rims for sale. but if that doesnt work out ill need to save a while to get another set....thanks for the help guys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts