Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my current project on my lude. I've lurked on this forum for awhile but never reg. or post. figured since I was starting this I migth as well start. I check out honda-tech a good bit and found this site in my auto clubs fourm. (www.teaminterlude.com)

Here is the clip:

and here is the car:

and the lude as of yesterday:

The dash looks a bit bare on the clip but everything was on the clip. I started striping it in the pics. It also came with fog lights and a small surprise i'm going to put in the car when i take it to shows. The coin holder had 2 sticks of gum and 2 yen. :)

Only think I need now is the rear wiper and i'm pretty much set on all JDM parts. I'm still trying to figure out if i'm going to go that extra mile and add a bumper pole. (probbaly not)

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
nice. it's good to see someone taking on a new, more unique project.

def keep this thread updated with progress..

and welcome to preludepower, officially :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
is that another lude in the second pic?
also you wanna sell me the extra set of sidemarkers?
if they are the small round ones
def keep us updated

·
Registered
765 Posts
I never really got why people do rhd convertions, its so unconvenient, yet interesting... very interesting, keep us updated.
i would love to see the outcome of this JDM convertion

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well after the new clip I have 2 sets of Prelude Side markers laying around.

Once i get everything together I plan to get rid of a few things. I know i'm going to have a spare digital climate control (with all sensors and the complete dash sunlight sensor so you don't have to cut your dash) since I have 2 clips.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
dude have you heard how much crap it takes to get an aux. running and working RHD car over here without problems and having to do this and that and this and that and this and that......this way razer can say its a kit car and everything is legal

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
I've always wondered...in a RHD conversion other than the dash/welding work inside the car...what do you need to swap out under the hood? I'm assuming the steering rack...anything else?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Ludasaurus said:
I've always wondered...in a RHD conversion other than the dash/welding work inside the car...what do you need to swap out under the hood? I'm assuming the steering rack...anything else?
There was a guy on honda-tech I met IRL who did this to his 4th gen. He had to replace door panels, door wiring harness, mirrors, steering rack, brake lines, clutch pedal assembly, gas pedal assembly, and some other misc. stuff. But he did it without a front clip as a giude. This guy has a guide to look at when doing the conversion.

It will take more patience than hard work.....but good looking out. Keep us updated and good luck. Hope to see it done within a years time. It took the other guy 8 months by himself.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
hey if u have the passenger fender (malano Red) for that front clip lemme know.
Also for the rear wiper set up to work u will need the rear windshield as well. trying to cut the whole to place the wiper usually ends up wit a shattered windshield. Since ours r made differently i forgot the exact word for it at this moment. Goodluck on the project.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fenders were trashed onthe clip along with the hood (though the hood heat shield is in good condition.)

I have the front stipped and the inside almost out. engine puller should be coming in about a week then i can yank both engines and start swaping over. Both the clip and the lude has the dashes out and all A/C, Heater stuff removed.

I've been playing with my new daily driver and haven't touched the lude since i'm waiting on the picker.

i've been going over my parts list and found I have an extra digital climate control (complete with all sensors and vavle) which i guess i'll be selling.

The fog light brackets are rusted real bad so i'll need to replace those.

Still tracking down a TCS control unit but I've already rewired the doors and those will just plug into the JDM hardness which will replace the whole front harness. So everything (wire wise) will be JDM from the mid of the car forward.

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is a way cool project! :D Where did you get your clip at? Your thread has got me wanting to do a RHD conversion on my 5th gen, but I cant find any front clips for the 5th gen...

·
Registered
708 Posts
this guy is crazy

this takes alot of money, time, and patience.

good luck to you

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Ludeaholic, There is a company in GA that has a full 5th gen clip. Flash options has a Type S clip with a dash I wish the US cars had. It will be alot of work but i think it will be worth it in the end. I had a local shop that does RHD swaps quote me 600 labor to swap it. They were swapping over a supra when i went to see how they do it. They swap the firewall but on the preludes 89% of the holes are there since the US and JDM cars were built in Japan.

I have looked at my buddy's 5th gen and there is less on the firewall but I wouldn't even try to do it till I get this one under my belt. I have talked to friends about finding a 5th gen with a blown motor and doing the swap but I'll need to do more reach on the 5th gen firewall and wouldn't think of doing this till my son gets older. Would be a nice car for him to go to school in. :)

Here is a pic of that clip: (I love the round gauges!)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts