Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I have an 89 2.0Si that I want to bring back to life. As far as I know, it's been sitting for 6+ years. maybe close to 10.

I imagine the fuel is toast. Can I get away with just replacing the fuel filter? I am looking at this shop manual: https://www.bballiancetb.com/uploads/3/8/3/7/38379419/part_3.pdf

and I only see reference to one fuel filter. Are there two? I see this one: https://www.autozone.com/filters-and-pcv/fuel-filter/duralast-fuel-filter-ff707dl/66686_908077_6138

I may need to replace the fuel pump as well.

Do I have to drain the tank or can I siphon it out and then add fresh fuel?

Do I need to clean/replace the lines too?

This car needs a lot of work. I'll post some pictures up soon. But it needs to have an engine rebuild, suspension rebuild, coolant leak sealed, A/C compressor replaced and freshening up of the interior.

·
Registered
903 Posts
You'll need to go through the WHOLE car. Get it on a lift if you can, check lines, drain all fluids and make sure the engine turns (get a breaker bar on the crankshaft bolt) to make sure its not seized. Take your time

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh man! I’m doing the exact same thing! Just got my white ‘89 Si 4WS 5-speed two weeks ago!

I’m going to start a build thread, as soon as I have enough forum credits to do so (or if the mods approve it beforehand).

I’ll share lessons learned if I find anything worthwhile ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just got a 89' 2.0 Si 4WS 5 speed about 3 months ago too!! Finally got it smoged and just need to change the timing belt and replace a few oil seals and shes back on the road!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a 04 VW Jetta that had sat for about 6 years. I basically did a BG flush through the fuel rail and injectors, flushed the lines, drained the tank, replaced the fuel filter and cleaned up the sending unit. Fired up no problem. I had an 86 CRX and motor was seized plus brakes went to the floor after 2 or 3 rolls in and out of the shop. Take your time and go through everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts