Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it’s been like what? 15 years since I’ve been on here lol! 2 divorces lol, 6 kids and 2 ludes later I’m back I guess. About 2 years ago I got my 91’ back from my brother. She’s in rough shape. Living in MN has took its toll. She’s rusty, passenger window was busted out, injector 4 seal is shot sprays fuel everywhere, brakes are rusted up, K Sports are shot but the exhaust is in really good shape still haha.
I’ve been debating whether I should restore her or not. The thing is I have another project going currently. It’s a 98’ base model 5 speed for my daughter. This one is also a restoration but will be a lot cheaper lol if that’s even a thing.
What do you guys think? Finish the 98’ or do both projects at once?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1990 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4ws, 1990 Honda Prelude Si 4ws, etc.
795 Posts
You should do them both - not necessarily at once, because I know what kind of a pain that is, but the 3g is totally worth fixing up. DO IT! Replace the passenger window right now or put plastic or something over it to keep critters and moisture out....then you can take the time you need to fix your daughter's car. I'm working on a 3g for my son, and I have another car in the driveway needing my attention, so I totally get it. But, you don't want it ruined when you're ready for it! Good luck, brother, and it's good to see you again! I too have recently come back after a long absence!

Reactions: eludethis

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should do them both - not necessarily at once, because I know what kind of a pain that is, but the 3g is totally worth fixing up. DO IT! Replace the passenger window right now or put plastic or something over it to keep critters and moisture out....then you can take the time you need to fix your daughter's car. I'm working on a 3g for my son, and I have another car in the driveway needing my attention, so I totally get it. But, you don't want it ruined when you're ready for it! Good luck, brother, and it's good to see you again! I too have recently come back after a long absence!
That’s a good idea. Now to find a passenger window.

Reactions: tjcross

·
Registered
1990 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4ws, 1990 Honda Prelude Si 4ws, etc.
795 Posts
Damn right, Sean!

·
Registered
1 Posts
That’s a good idea. Now to find a passenger window.

I have a 1993 Honda prelude VTEC. And it has low mileage. Has everything automatic, and works sunroof automatic, mirrors are automatic and
Antenna automatic, windows are automatic I am second owner I bought it in 1996! It has no rust because it is Az car! Tires are good with rims has spoiler on back! Beautiful car!!!! I am 70 and decided rather than to give it away I’ll sell and buy something easier to get into!!!! 5 spd transmission
I have kept it in very good condition! Don’t know how much it would be worth at this time ! It is red!!! And black interior!!!! Any ideas???

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 1993 Honda prelude VTEC. And it has low mileage. Has everything automatic, and works sunroof automatic, mirrors are automatic and
Antenna automatic, windows are automatic I am second owner I bought it in 1996! It has no rust because it is Az car! Tires are good with rims has spoiler on back! Beautiful car!!!! I am 70 and decided rather than to give it away I’ll sell and buy something easier to get into!!!! 5 spd transmission
I have kept it in very good condition! Don’t know how much it would be worth at this time ! It is red!!! And black interior!!!! Any ideas???
You lost me at “automatic” because I doubt the 4th Gen VTEC models were available in automatic. Please correct me if you I’m wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts