Honda Prelude Forum banner

Resonator Size?!

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  josh_schul 
#1 ·
Hey guys... i have a quick question so once its answered mods please lock.

I have a Greddy Ti-C and i wanna install a resonator... it has 60 mm piping (thats what Greddy says) and was wondering what size resonator i should by to install... thinking 22" (18 in of actual resonating chamber) to deepen/quiet her down a bit but im not sure for the Inlet and outlet size.... Anyone help?!

Rep for the first answer! Thanks guys...

#2 ·
Well, 60mm is 2.36", so I'd go with a 2.5" resonator, so it won't restrict flow. That should weld up fine, and if not, the shop can use a pipe expander on your exhaust. And yes, 22" will make a nice difference.

Reactions: josh_schul
#8 ·
I was thinking the same thing when I bought mine a long time ago, but nooooooooooo it's a "racing" exhaust so it has no resonator, only a little fart can on the back. There's not too much room to put a resonator on there so I just sold it and went custom.

If I were you josh, I'd pick up a vibrant ultra-quiet, they're pretty compact so you should be able to fit it in there and they do an amazing job or taking the rasp out

#10 ·
haha... i wish i could make it ... but i already have plans... actually... i tried to move them... but... KOP is a no go.. :( ... but i promise that i will hit up the next meet lol...

and thanks viperboy... i agree... resonator will be on this weekend. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.