Honda Prelude Forum banner

Requirements for Engine Swap!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  98__SH 
#1 ·
I picked up a '99 Base H22a4 to go into my 2000 Base lude. Only thing is that the Engine came out of an AUTOMATIC and is going into a MANUAL. Are there any problems I'm going to run into besides changing out the flywheel?

Sidenote: The engine coming OUT of the lude is a JDM H22A that needs MAJOR maintenance. It's legal and reffed and whatnot. This may or may not be important... I'm learning, okay? Don't judge!

#2 ·
Use your wiring harness, and only swap out the head and the block and you will be fine with nothing to worry about.

#3 ·
As already mentioned, the only things you "should" need to swap are the transmission and harness.

However, you do need to double check that your old harness plugs into everything properly. The idle air control valve and knock sensor are the first two that come to mind since anyone could swap them onto the old motor and modify the harness without you knowing. As long as everything plugs in alright - you have nothing to worry about.

Consider the mileage of the "new" motor - if it needs a timing belt and water pump job, now is the best time to do it.

#4 ·
Assess the condition of the engine, anything it may need...

Run a compression test, see when the timing belt was done, adjust the valves...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.