Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam getting the type s trunk and spoiler painted and just swapping it with my wingless trunk,but the thing is that I want to switch out the old key hole with the one on my car.Is that possible? if so can someone show me an easy way to do it becuase I tried and it felt like I was going to break something :huh:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Swapping lock cylinders is very easy to do. If you are too afraid to attempt yourself, just go to any locksmith or bodyshop guy, they will have it done in less then 5min.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
There is one bolt that holds the lock in, 10mm. You unsnap the lock linkage, unbolt it, bolt it in the new trunk and reconnect the lock linkage. Or really, you should shave the keyhole on the new trunk lid. I got my car painted and I wish I shaved the keyhole when I had the chance.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
I say get rid of the key hole completely :D

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I say get rid of the key hole completely :D
lol

Just look at it. its not hard to figure out. Make sure the little plastic dounut trim thing dosent fall into the lid, its a pain to get out.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
i would shave the trunk hole and the two holes for the honda emblem personally. will look much better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts