Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just bought my 90si a couple days ago.

The aftermarket alarm is already annoying the hell out of me(And my neighbors).

It's a viper alarm system(according to the remote). The remote has 4 buttons, but only one works. Press once to deactivate, press twice to unlock the ignition.

When we disconnected the battery(Working on the car), and then reconnected it, the alarm went off.

I'll give more information best as I can answer questions, but what's the easiest way to disable the alarm permenantly?

Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah, the reason that the alarm went off when you took the wiring off the terminal is because thats a safeguard against theft. If someone's going to steal your car, the first thing they have to do is cut your alarm and usually the first thought would be the pop the hood and pull the wiring off the terminal. Which in effect would set off the siren if it wasn't already going off.

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
wow, you got a 3rd gen...with a viper alarm system?

why would you want to remove it? those are some of the better alarm systems out there, and seeing your is San Antonio, and not a little town in the middle of no where, i would suggest keeping...my .02

·
Registered
40 Posts
first off your alarm works perfectly fine like they said that is what it is suppossed to do after you disconnect the bat. and i would say you should not try to take it out yourself. you have two options if your key pad is going out, you can get a new battery (which is prolly the problem), or get a new keypad. dont get rid of an alarm cause it annoys you cause you do drive a honda. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts