Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I want to change my tint when I get my rims. The only way I know how to remove the tint without messing up the windows is to heat up the class and then gently remove the tint very slowly. Its tedeous and long process I know. What I want to know is, When I remove the tint from the back window will it f' up my defroster? I need my defroster for those hastey getways when females get on my nerves
j/k. Naw but for real, What are my chances of messing the defrosters up?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Pretty high if you don't know what you are doing. Just find a place that offers free tint removal when you buy new tint.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
if you decide to do it yourself, prepare to spend a lot of time back there with a razor and a 6p...12 pack lol. I know some soap water helps some as well. It's a lot easier to send it to a pro to do that.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
my friend tried to remove his and he f.. it up big time so my advice to you is to get it done at a place and then if anything goes wrong you can allways bitc& at them :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Better to just get it professionally done.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Very, very easy. This is what I did and it worked perfectly. Make sure you do it on a hot day and park your car with whatever window your doing with the sun beating right on it. Take a black trash bag and cut it to fit the entire length of whatever window. DRENCH the window with windex and just place the bag over the window, itll stick to the window because of the windex but tape if you need to. Let it sit for awhile usually an hour will do just fine. Come back peel the bag off and gently take a razor to it to loosen alittle up and the tint should peel off by hand in nice big chunks. Needless to say your doing all this from the inside of the glass. Excellent way to do it and your defrost lines will thank you.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
88br00s said:
Very, very easy. This is what I did and it worked perfectly. Make sure you do it on a hot day and park your car with whatever window your doing with the sun beating right on it. Take a black trash bag and cut it to fit the entire length of whatever window. DRENCH the window with windex and just place the bag over the window, itll stick to the window because of the windex but tape if you need to. Let it sit for awhile usually an hour will do just fine. Come back peel the bag off and gently take a razor to it to loosen alittle up and the tint should peel off by hand in nice big chunks. Needless to say your doing all this from the inside of the glass. Excellent way to do it and your defrost lines will thank you.
So let me get this straight, this is how I would remove the rear window tint?

·
Registered
341 Posts
TopEndLude said:
So let me get this straight, this is how I would remove the rear window tint?
Hahaha yeah man, my rear window on my 88 had some cheapass wal-mart purple tint on it. The way I explained took it right off in about 15 minutes. Somewhere on my computer I have the pics of the before, in progress and after for a thread just like this. Want to guess how I found out how to do it like that? Searched preludepower.com :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts