Honda Prelude Forum banner

Removing AND replacing spoiler

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ulanky 
#1 ·
So after the search, the only threads I could find were for people removing their spoilers permanently.

I'd like to take the spoiler off to buff out my trunk lid, but I definitely want to put it back on.

From what I've read, there are the 4 normal bolts and unplugging the brake light, then it should lift right off, right? I heard there's also a foam liner between the spoiler and the lid. Will I be able to reuse this easily?

Where does the brake light wire separate?

Are all the bolts out and in? I won't be breaking any irreplaceable plastic crap will I?

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
i took mine off without and help...it's basically just removing the 4 bolts inside and then holding it while unclipping the spoiler wire...don't be afraid of removing it lol...just do it and observe...i did that for the first time and got it! just get some electric tape/color matching tape to fill in the holes!

edit: just realized you had an SH also haha. for SH's we have an even BIGGER hole in addition because they come with the spoiler from the factory always on. so it's 2 on the driver's side and 2 on the passenger side with an additional 1 giant one haha =s

#5 · (Edited)
very simple procedure:
1) remove 4 screws with a 10mm socket.
2) unplug (Don't CLIP!) the electrical connection. there is a removable butt-splice right where the trunk and spoiler meet, if i'm not mistaken. but i'm not mistaken on the part where you dont need to clip anything!

you can re-use that gasket that comes on the spoiler. there should be no problems doing this. it's way too simple. if there's rust on the screw holes, i'd recommend filing that shit off, and spraying the edges with zinc paint. just so long as the touch up doesnt extend past where the spoiler covers.

#8 ·
Well everything went fine, except when putting the spoiler back on, getting the brake light plug back in that little hole is a BITCH! I ended up pounding it in lightly with a rubber mallet. Yeah, not the most graceful way to do it, but the only thing I could do that would actually get the plug back in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.