Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the leather on my steering wheel has been coming apart for about a year now. Right around the 1:00 position, and on the under side of the wheel. I was considering buying a new one, but I have changed my mind. So there I was getting in my car and when I slid past my steering wheel, it scuffed my pant's for the last time. I then proceeded to remove my pocket knife and end it's little life. I cut my leather off of the wheel by splitting the stitches. To my surprise I absolutely love what's under our factory leather steering wheels. It looks like a brand new wheel W/O the leather. It's perfectly smooth and reminds me of like a civics wheel. It's smaller to now,and does not hit my leg when I turn. This may be a stupid topic but I figured I would share. If anyone want's pics ill get them later.

Update: 1/06/2009 @ 5:04PM - PICS: http://picasaweb.google.com/d3fc0n/Pictures#

Sorry for the wait.

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Why pic's is it hard to imagine a civic steering wheel? Man i think alot of ppl on this board are retarded or something.
"reminds me of like a civics wheel" and looking exactly like a civics wheel is a big difference. And considering tons of ppl on this forum like to see pics for way more subtle changes. Like snapping a pic with even a cell phone is even that hard, and would make this thread that much better, especially for ppl using the search function in the future.
I would agree that a lot of ppl on here are retarded though. :smile:

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
How do you tear up the leather on the steering wheel? Just curious. I have 80,000 driving miles on my car and the steering wheel leather looks new. granted the car never sits in the sun without a windshield visor.

For those who do not wish to have their leather deteriorate I suggest using leather conditioner on it every time you clean the interior. I use Lexol leather treatment. Works great and no greasy feeling to the steering wheel when it's applied.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
wow, the steering wheel is thin enough as it is, I couldn't imagine liking it without the leather.

And pics would be nice, not all of us have a civic sitting around to go look at the steering wheel and *hope* it is the one you are referring too.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
And pics would be nice, not all of us have a civic sitting around to go look at the steering wheel and *hope* it is the one you are referring too.
:lol: hahahaha.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Picsssss

1 - 20 of 89 Posts