Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im looking to get a remote start installed in my lude i want to know what are some recommendations. what the most affordable. and anything that i need to get extra to make it work. thanks..

·
Registered
286 Posts
check into the alarm you have you might be able to upgrade your current unit. what kind of alarm do you have
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
956 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just got one installed last night and got tints while i was at it. the remote start is a add to my valet alarm. works pretty nice and is perfect for these cold mornings. and most shops dont do remote start on manual cars, liability issue. i got mine done at my boys shop for a great price

·
Registered
956 Posts
Not to thread Jack....but i have a alarm and auto start installed and jus last nite my remote says "INHIBIT" on it and I cant auto start my car but that I can still lock and unlock my car. Does anyone know why?!?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not to thread Jack....but i have a alarm and auto start installed and jus last nite my remote says "INHIBIT" on it and I cant auto start my car but that I can still lock and unlock my car. Does anyone know why?!?!

It is in valet mode, read your user manual to see how to take it out of that. Valet mode will let you lock and unlock, just no remote start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The compustar/nustart alarm starters are great, they are made to do auto or manual. Trouble free! I install these daily. The DEI product's, like viper,clifford,hornet,etc require a 5spd modual to get them to work. They are great products, but alot less issues with the compustar stuff..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts