Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I havn't been on this site for quite awhile and I'm not sure if anyone remembers me. My old lude:

After a shitty tune and too much boost, I traded it in and got my S2K:

The plan was to sell the Lude because I couldn't afford to dump anymore $$$ into it. The S2K was left stock as I was preparing to purchase a condo. Durring the condo hunt I started thinking, "Do I really want to park a $25K car outside in a condo parking lot every night?" I worried about door dings, and theifs, and all kinds of shit. So I figured I need to get something I can drive every day and something that I don't have to worry too much about.

I drove a couple local 5th gen Ludes that were for sale, but I just couldn't find anything that great in my area. As it came closer to the closing for my condo, I found this car and said "fuck it" I need something and this is nice enough:

It's a 99 Acura 3.0CL, automatic. Nothing speical. Got it for $9800 with 75k miles. It's great for daily driving, and I was able to purchase my own condo last month.

Anyway, on to the real reason I'm posting. The S2K, and sure as hell not the CL, ever lived up to my Prelude. You don't know how many people I see that say, "Where's the Prelude?" or "The S2K is great, but your Prelude kicked ass." I really reget not being more carefull with the motor so I could have kept it. A year after selling it, I still miss it like hell. It's been the background on my desktop forever.

I hope you guys appricate the car you have, because I really don't think there's any other car like it for the price.
http://honda-tech.com/garage?cmd=viewimg&id=16959http://honda-tech.com/garage?cmd=viewimg&id=8315

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Damn, first the lude now the S2k?

Your lude was one of the nicest/cleanest ones on this site, it was a shame to see it go. Good luck with the CL and hope to see you stick around the forum more. :emthup:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
hiiii, i remember you.. and when you sold it...

the black lude with wwrs right? w/ the turbo of course.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
ohhh.. so ur the dude with the lude.

i gotta give it to you. u did a freaking good job on it.
i am loving those racing hart.
i have a black lude also and i really want those rims because of you!!
damnit.
anyways..
the CL is a good car. was thinking about gettin one before my lude pop up. good luck with the condo!! housing is more important.

props dude!! props!!!

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
yep, it's been a while since we've seen you on. it's good to hear from you. congrats on the condo also :emthup:

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Hprelude5R said:
Yep, we remember you.

Your name has come up several times in your absence. Hell we even saw a lude that looked similar to yours being sold in your area not too long ago IINM.

She was nice lookin.
i remember the guy that bought it. when i saw it, it hought about boostaddict. i remember your lude when it was kitted.. then lip kit.. turbo! haha i miss your lude. the banner up top gives it honor though.

dang tho! hang around some!

·
Registered
285 Posts
that story touched my heart man:wzbigcry: . i love and cherish my lude everytime i see her.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Damn man, it's been forever since we heard from you. Great to see that you're doing well, even though you are driving an old ladie's car ( just kidding ). I loved your Prelude, and I still love it to this day. Sometimes I go back into the picture thread and stare at it for a long time.

I'll go out on a limb and say that your Prelude was the cleanest and best-looking that I have ever seen on any online forum.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'm going to try and stick around here.

Boosted521 said:
yep, it's been a while since we've seen you on. it's good to hear from you. congrats on the condo also :emthup:
It's nice to see you got an S2K. Did you sell your Prelude? How you like the S2K?

Seems like you have more money than everyone on this board combined. :eek:mg:

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Boost Addict said:
Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'm going to try and stick around here.

It's nice to see you got an S2K. Did you sell your Prelude? How you like the S2K?

Seems like you have more money than everyone on this board combined. :eek:mg:
Dude he's been through so many cars since that lude... :lol:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
Those CL's are actually pretty cool IMO. If you're want it to be more like your Lude you could always do an H22 swap. I know it already has the 3.0 V6 but the H22 is just more fun and you can't put a 5spd tranny onto the V6 motor.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts