Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5701 viper and on my prelude(2000), I'm hooking up the remote start. I do not want to disconnect the clutch. I'd rather use the violet wire (-200mA starter output) to make it so when the remote start kicks in, it will bypass the clutch.

From what I read, I hook that wire up to the clutch wire. I then have to use the orange ground when armed on a relay. Can anyone explain how to wire up the relay or if there is a simple way? On this alarm, can I just hook up the violet wire to the clutch and be done with it?

·
Registered
174 Posts
haha i just got my remote start installed today! =] Clifford 50.7x
i love remote start! its badass >=]

·
Registered
110 Posts
That 200ma low current violet wire is low current and you can't safely hook it up to the clutch wire.

You need to hook that up to the ground on the relay (86), and then you can power that relay with any constant +12volt (85). Then you can ground (30), and connect it to the switched side (87) to your clutch.

This will activate the relay whenever the starter output signal is used; and this is used when you remote start. You do not need the orange ground when armed output at all.

LMK if you have anymore quesitons. Its pretty simple. This is using a SPDT relay

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That 200ma low current violet wire is low current and you can't safely hook it up to the clutch wire.

You need to hook that up to the ground on the relay (86), and then you can power that relay with any constant +12volt (85). Then you can ground (30), and connect it to the switched side (87) to your clutch.

This will activate the relay whenever the starter output signal is used; and this is used when you remote start. You do not need the orange ground when armed output at all.

LMK if you have anymore quesitons. Its pretty simple. This is using a SPDT relay
I was told I could hook it directly up to the plug going into the clutch. I tested it and it works fine. I forgot to hook up a diode so it kept engaging the starter. But other then that, I've had no issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts