Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i had thread before. I had a HUGE setback with money and time because of a bogging problem that was never solved that took 1.5 years and 2k of my time and money. So, im going to buy a new engine and totally redo the car. I will post all my pictures from the past thread in hopes that this try doesn't fail like the past build. I will start with as many before and after pics so you can see where i am.

Car when i got it.

Came with this

Ended with this

Came like this (this is with a little cleaning even)

Ended like this

New rims

With rims on

Messed up fender

dented hood, fender, broken turn signals, and crappy 2 piece headlights.

All fixed

Added front lip. Hood is now has rust on it due to sitting in the snow

broken antenna, no rear turn signal,

New rear turn signals

blacked out tails along with shaved emblems and rear lip.

More to come. in a few mins.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
No Mirror

New Mirror :)

Random parts on the car.

Megan for now. Cell phone pic

K&N filter with ebay intake

power steering fluid was changed with Honda dont worry :)

JDM blink. Sidemarkers

How the car sits now.

The car sits now, with rust on the new hood and fenders. Head was just removed. Car is fully sanded down almost ready to paint i have one rust spot i need to fix.

Color the car will be painted.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have been researching and thinking of what i want to do. Here is a short list. I will be getting a H23a Vtec now. Plan is to have one of the cleanest engine bays. I plan on doing a little wire tuck but i want to keep a few things.

1. Paint engine bay
2. clean up EVERYTHING
3. weld all holes not needed
4. fuse box relocation
5. battery relocation
6. ac delete
7. egr delete

alot more to come im tired of typing

The plan before winter is to get everything stripped from the engine bay and get it all perfect and painted. The engine swap may be awhile away we will see. Ill keep everyone updated.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
you will love the h23a vtec i just got finished putting mine in and it has crazy power

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Worked a few hours while i was home this weekend. the heads off, most of the stuff on the sides are off and i just have to remove the stuff on the fire wall but im going to wait till the block is out. All the parts removed are cleaned, brackets are getting ready to be painted. Next weekend if it doesn't rain im going to try and get everything out of the engine bay and ready for paint. If anyone is interested in h22/h23 parts let me know i may have them.

My sticker i havent put on yet :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

So took a few more things off. ac pump, abs, a few lines and a few other random things. the abs was being a bitch so that consumed most of my time. Im trying to get as many things i can off before i take the block off.

I only get to work on it a few hours a week and the winter is coming quick.

sorry its so boring but its getting done slowly

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well didnt get much done this weekend. Im at the point where i need to order the new engine and i got pretty much everything out i want out besides the AC which im waiting for a friend to help me with. Winters coming quick and the updates arent going to be much.

Pushed the fuse box wires to by the ECU so i relocate my fuse box.

Figured i would put on my sticker too. :)

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
check my build thread to see how i did my harness...only had to extend about 10 or so wires, and looks much better than how i had it before (same way you are doing it now)

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I dont understand what ur talking about? the fuse box or the engine harness?
the way your engine harness will be in the engine bay...it will still be coming out of the same hole it was, right? thats how i had mine when i first tucked my bay...during my recent build i actually built a "custom" harness out of the original harness and ran it through a hole i made closer to the center of the firewall...completely hidden

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok i know what ur saying now. I looked though ur build thread and couldnt find any pictures of this hole in the firewall. Any pictures? I maybe interested in this.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
ok i know what ur saying now. I looked though ur build thread and couldnt find any pictures of this hole in the firewall. Any pictures? I maybe interested in this.
shit, i guess i never got a pic of it...this red dot is the approximate location of the hole, and it is the exact same size as the original hole for the harness so i was able to reuse the rubber grommet

yes, i cut the hole before we painted the car...never got around to doing it before we was ready to paint it haha...used a hole saw, worked great and didnt mess up the paint

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ hahah im legit lawling at this and i know its an old thread but that was one of the most random posts i have scene in a long time.
This is the NEW THREAD NOOB :). But engine ordered today called them and told them to send me the best one they had and they said they could do that so i hope its in great shape and i dont have to spend much more money in it.

H23a VTEC! Im pumped. im stuck in school so i have a hold on the shipping till atleast 2 weeks when i get home for winter break tho :(

·
RoboTron
2,748 Posts
Haha yeah but no posts since 11/15 but I couldn't help myself but post how much that guy had me laughing on such a random post!

That's really good progress to here on the engine. Can't wait to see what it looks like. Good progress so far. Will keep an eye on the thread

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
welp got this today :)

Worked on it for a few hours taking everything off it so i can clean everything.

got almost everything off the header had a nut that wouldn't get off so that's still there but besides that ill probably start cleaning up the engine tomorrow. My fingers hurt like a mother fucker from taking everything off.

Overall, im satisfied with the motor. No broken sensors, only thing broken is the crank pulley (had a bunch of chips on it) but im replacing that anyways. There was ice in the cylinders so i couldn't get the spark plug wires out right away which scared me a little. Oil looked fairly clean the bottom of the vc had a little dark oil stained on to it, not too big of a deal as long as i don't have any sludge. So, now i pray the motor runs come spring time cuz my warranty will def be over lol.

Also, im removing the ac on my car and i heard u can eliminate one of the fans. Which one is it? or is it even true?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts