Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found this on club rsx and thought it was a pretty cool mod. i think ill try it out when i get some time off work this weekend. this would be a great DIY for the how to section. plus its a cheap mod that probably cost less then 5 dollars

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.php?p=8856289&postcount=2
As far as doing them, its simple, just takes a long time.

All I did was go in and out of the origional stitching. I didn't want to ruin the seats, just change their look.

Below is the pattern that I used to do mine, it worked out well.

I used 4 threads total. Make sure you use enough, you don't want to end up short. Also, when pulling the thread through, don't pull too fast, you get a knot and you're fucked.

Thats really all there is to it. Its not really that easy, and it took me about 5 hours per seat. I wouldn't suggest doing this unless you stay up all night with nothing to do like me.

Enjoy. Comments welcome.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i thought so aswell. i was at wally world browsing through the threads and i seen some cool colors id like to try. i think red is a lil played out lol

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
That's actually pretty good cheap modding...

·
Registered
347 Posts
no doubt, too cold to work on car in garage, so I started mine last night:

I'm a little leary to do my seats though, I just dont know if the looped thread would hold up sliding in and out of the car.

2.2eg2 update us on how yours are holding up for sure. I'm gonna do my door panel inserts also, and the rear seat divider, then we'll see about the seats.

But yea, great mod, repped :emthup:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man that shit looks awesome!!ive yet to start mine because of working so much, but as soon as i do ill snap some pics. great job. im going with blue because my del sol seats are the grey with blue stripe. ill see if i got a pic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow that's pretty sweet dude. I wanna try that on the 91 and see if I can come up with something. Maybe white stitching to match the car.. if I can keep it clean.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
try it! its super easy! i tried it on a few of my bookbags now im mad tyte jdm backpacking yo!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no for real. it does look good if you practice it on something first.

·
Registered
221 Posts
fyi, ive spent like 20 hours interstitching my s2000 seats with red thread. takes FOREVER! but its done now and looks great. got my thread on ebay.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts