Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a 1992 Honda Prelude yesterday, It has rust between the door and the sunroof, the front right part of it has a dent, and that's about the only problems.
I really, really like this car, I already had it survey'd by my mechanic for issues, putting it into the shop this week for 2600$ in electrical work, tune-up, ect, but I was thinkin about sinking some cash into it for customization

Body kit, paint job, ect.....

Only problem is, it has 185k on it, is it worth it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much would that cost? including installation, and if I switch it to Vtec won't I lose my shifter?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
unless I could get financing on the new engine I doubt I could afford that ;) or I'd have to scrap the body work for awhile, which I really don't want to do, it's got a shitload of oxydation

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
get the car sturdy body wise before you break into the engine. if it's in good running condition now, i wouldn't mess with it either.

nice pick up though :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
mine's getting to that number i think i'm at 174XXX but i could be off by a little
only think i have problems with is a little blow by and another small oil leak from somewhere i can't find

·
Registered
765 Posts
VtecFreePrelude said:
mine's getting to that number i think i'm at 174XXX but i could be off by a little
only think i have problems with is a little blow by and another small oil leak from somewhere i can't find
oil pan gasket, thats the leak that led to my h22 swap, haha

·
::Decepticon make-over::
661 Posts
Well as long any noboby mistakes your corrosion for your paintjob, you should be ok. Now instead of spending 2600 on mechanical work and crap, you should really consider putting an entire new system in there so you're not paying for that service twice. Also if that isn't possible do the body work then put the chassis away until you're ready to do the swap. It is entirely up to you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
do you have any pics to let us c the car

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
before you get it looking good u better get it running right. it sucks to have a perfect body on a car that you cant drive. but i guess it would look good sitting in the drive way! just buy a whole jdm front end and you will have everything u need

1 - 14 of 14 Posts